2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Yeah, I'm pretty stoked if the Packers walk away with Oliver in the 2nd round.  Kid is going to be good.  Not opposed to Davis, but the ball skills leave a bit to be desired.

Totally agree regarding Davis’s ball skills, but i like the total package. Definitely prefer Oliver but think we’d have to trade up to get him.

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I guess the question is whether  "trading up to get the last CB in that Hughes, Oliver, Alexander" tier going to be especially expensive?

Depends on what kind of trade-up we're having to make.  If we're trying to move into that late-teen range, we're probably not going to be interested.  But giving up their 2nd and 4th round pick could move them up into that top of the 2nd round.

The climbing and falling probably isn't happening on the team boards, I think they are pretty much set now.

Possibly there are rumours out there that are giving media guys clues to how scouts are valuing players, but its just as likely any information received at this time is a smokescreen. Its a difficult time to decide between truth and falsity.

10 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

The climbing and falling probably isn't happening on the team boards, I think they are pretty much set now.

Possibly there are rumours out there that are giving media guys clues to how scouts are valuing players, but its just as likely any information received at this time is a smokescreen. Its a difficult time to decide between truth and falsity.

Edit: I need to read entire posts before replying.

28 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I think that goes without saying.  At this point, the grades shouldn't be changing a whole lot.  Nothing has really changed since the Combine that should drastically change their rankings.

2 hours ago, Gopher Trace said:

Ehh, he's no lock to go earlier. I think a lot of "fringe-1st" guys will fall to our 2nd. 'Happens every year. Hopefully, it will align with need.

6'-0" and 200 lb guys with 33 1/2" arms and 4.50 speed and play the outside are pretty sought after. Many project him not getting out of the 1st round. Mid second seems like a pipe dream

We shall see

3 hours ago, Gopher Trace said:

Ehh, he's no lock to go earlier. I think a lot of "fringe-1st" guys will fall to our 2nd. 'Happens every year. Hopefully, it will align with need.

Yes. But then they draft someone else and I freak. 

Don’t know if it has been raised already but would you be into trading the 14th pick with the Pats for the 23rd and 43rd (11th in the second)?

I could see the demand for the 5th and 6th rated QBs being inflated and teams wanting to get ahead of each other in that middle part of round 1.

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

Don’t know if it has been raised already but would you be into trading the 14th pick with the Pats for the 23rd and 43rd (11th in the second)?

I could definitely see wanting to get out if Ward, James, Fitzpatrick, Landry and whoever else are all gone.  Fair chance they get to pick one of the last few guys in a tier, which you want, or they end up picking at the top of the next tier which you absolutely do not wank to do.

7 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I could definitely see wanting to get out if Ward, James, Fitzpatrick, Landry and whoever else are all gone.  Fair chance they get to pick one of the last few guys in a tier, which you want, or they end up picking at the top of the next tier which you absolutely do not wank to do.

There will be some tasty options at 14 this year just because of the whole QB thing, I think the key to this draft is when the run on the second tier QBs take place i.e Jackson and Rudolph.  If teams want to jump ahead of the Bills who look like they have positioned themselves to take a QB, except it won't be Mayfield will be gone by then, then maybe a trade with Miami per say would be on the cards, that would push down more talent. Or the other spot is if teams want to get ahead of Arizona, the other likely destination for a QB.

This second tier of QBs will have a big effect on what the Packers will do I feel.

Archived