2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm saying the speed gets them drafted high, which will happen to Chark. Then they're in the league for 5 years an nobody wants them. They sign some little contract somewhere as an occasional role player. Only DeSean of any of those players listed lives up to the billing, but he has a diverse route tree and a great YAC guy. Much more to his game than speed.

Will Fuller scored 7 times in 10 games last year. 

There’s been a lot of people drafted highly because they have an incredible skill and then coaches try to refine their game.

And I’ll tell you what , we’re a much more dangerous offense with a guy with Chark’s speed.

43 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Problem with Chark is those guys are never valued players in the NFL. Does any NFL team want Torrey Smith? Or Sammie Coates? Or Darrius Heyward-Bey? These blazing one-trick pony types usually don't hack it in the NFL because everyone is fast. When your out there, they pretty much can take away half the route tree because they know you don't run it well and you become easy to cover. Chark needs to develop a more complete game before I'd draft him over Gallup, Miller, St. Brown, Hamilton and you're going to need in order to get him.

He wrong then or what?

5 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Will Fuller scored 7 times in 10 games last year. 

There’s been a lot of people drafted highly because they have an incredible skill and then coaches try to refine their game.

And I’ll tell you what , we’re a much more dangerous offense with a guy with Chark’s speed.

We're a much more dangerous offense with another good receiver, not solely a deep threat. I like Chark, so I'm not saying he can't be that. I just hate the constant notion that we need this burner.

I'd take 5 Davante Adams over 4 Davante Adams and a Will Fuller any day. Just give me the best receivers, the offense will open them up downfield.

1 minute ago, ArthurPensky said:

He wrong then or what?

LSU is my college team along with the obvious UW. I watch as many as I can. He's got a few gifs, that's not resounding evidence that the world of draft Twitter makes it out to be. I can get a gif of Aaron making a crap read on a play or Jordy dropping a pass, doesn't mean it was a regular occurrence.

I like Chark, I'd have no issues if that was the guy Gute wants. I just feel like he was a 4th round guy who ran a 4.3 and became a top 50 guy. Pushing down guys like Miller, St. Brown, Gallup and Hamilton who are better WRs.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

We're a much more dangerous offense with another good receiver, not solely a deep threat. I like Chark, so I'm not saying he can't be that. I just hate the constant notion that we need this burner.

I'd take 5 Davante Adams over 4 Davante Adams and a Will Fuller any day. Just give me the best receivers, the offense will open them up downfield.

Ray, it’s quite obvious that we want talented players. I’m just saying if we find a talented player who can take the top off the defense that would do wonders for this offense.

1 minute ago, pollino14 said:

Ray, it’s quite obvious that we want talented players. I’m just saying if we find a talented player who can take the top off the defense that would do wonders for this offense.

I'm saying the offense will do that for us. Jennings, Jones, Driver weren't deep threats by any means, but having Finley there in the middle made it so you couldn't cover everyone. Those guys made plays downfield all the time.

Don't go into the draft looking to add a specific skillset. Draft the best WR and trust that when he's out there with Adams, Cobb and Graham the offense will open up the deep field.

25 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

LSU is my college team along with the obvious UW. I watch as many as I can. He's got a few gifs, that's not resounding evidence that the world of draft Twitter makes it out to be. I can get a gif of Aaron making a crap read on a play or Jordy dropping a pass, doesn't mean it was a regular occurrence.

I like Chark, I'd have no issues if that was the guy Gute wants. I just feel like he was a 4th round guy who ran a 4.3 and became a top 50 guy. Pushing down guys like Miller, St. Brown, Gallup and Hamilton who are better WRs.

Well, that’s fine to have that opinion, but I’ve seen you say these things about Chark for a few months now without any evidence or examples ( not saying it’s not there) so it’s worthwhile to point out examples contradicting what you said about him.

1 hour ago, ArthurPensky said:

Well, that’s fine to have that opinion, but I’ve seen you say these things about Chark for a few months now without any evidence or examples ( not saying it’s not there) so it’s worthwhile to point out examples contradicting what you said about him.

There will always be contradictions over draft prospects because each team/QB/OC is looking for different things in their WRs.

Two guys look at 2 beautiful women sauntering into a bar. One beautiful blond, one stunning brunette

Dude 1 looks at the blond and says: " Wow, She's the hottest woman ever"   Dude 2 says about the brunette: " She's the most beautiful woman ever "

Direct contradiction, yet neither statement is wrong. The guy who likes brunettes is always gonna knock blondie down a notch or two.

Josh Jackson was a fantastic college CB, but he seems like a poor fit in Pettine's defense. Blond vs brunette.

And besides, its all projection anyways until you get them home. :)

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

This is where I’m at too. I like Chark too and would love him in round 3-4 but not 2. 

Heres the deal. Chark is fast. 1-2 yards faster than St. Brown, 2-3 yards faster than Hamilton or Miller. But if they are better route runners, they will get open and have 1-2 more yards on a DB than Chark in the NFL

The problem I have with Chark is that the last guy we had who was fast but not in the habit of catching with his hands is a guy who never got out of Rodgers's doghouse (Janis). I don't dislike him as a prospect, just have some doubts about him having success here.

30 minutes ago, Gopher Trace said:

The problem I have with Chark is that the last guy we had who was fast but not in the habit of catching with his hands is a guy who never got out of Rodgers's doghouse (Janis). I don't dislike him as a prospect, just have some doubts about him having success here.

Janis lives in the doghouse because he sucks at recognizing coverages and running good routes. Any WR who struggles with precision isn't going to be a favorite.

44 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Picking the worst guy out of the top group of QBs with the #1 pick is like the most Browns thing imaginable.

I'd take Allen in a heartbeat#1. Best arm, best athletically, best Wonderlic, he's got some footwork issues but he's clearly the best QB in the draft.

Archived