2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

6 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

Derwin James or Denzel Ward or trade back for me at this point. 

If we draft Minkah Fitzpatrick and then stick him at corner for three years and then trade him to Cleveland for a backup QB again..

I think best case scenario with Minkah is hoping he's what Charles Woodson was later in his career, minus the interceptions.  Doesn't have those ball skills.

5 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

The Packers have the 1st pick of the 4th along with a comp 4th

Combine the two picks and its 3rd round value. That means GB can trade their own 3rd and then manufacture a new 3rd from their 4ths or they can offer those (2) 4th round picks in lieu of their 3rd as trade compensation.

Except it doesn't really work that ideally.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Could maybe give the 3 then use them to move into 3 if you wanted something maybe?

That's probably more feasible.  Either way, I don't see Gute trading up.  We never traded up in the 1st round under TT.

Just now, CWood21 said:

That's probably more feasible.  Either way, I don't see Gute trading up.  We never traded up in the 1st round under TT.

Yeah true. I've never felt so lost on what's gonna be there and what we might do. Gonna be "fun"

Landry will be there at 14.  All this trading up talk is ridiculous.  Not into just giving away valuable draft picks.  We'll get a difference maker at 14.  Hope Gute feels the same.  The draft is a crap shoot.  Some of these guys will bust out.  Best course is to take multiple swings.  Trading up in the 1st round is too expensive.  Just watch the draft unfold there will be a very fine player at 14 whether it's Davenport, Landry, James, Ward or someone else.  Best to stay patient and let the draft fall to you.  Trading up in later rounds to get a targeted player OK.  But any pick through round 4 is valuable.  Would like to keep all our current selections.  Part with a 5th, 6th, or 7th rounder wouldn't bother me.  Not 3rd and 4th round picks we need those.  Washington is probably going to go DL so no need to jump ahead of them.

3 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Landry will be there at 14.  All this trading up talk is ridiculous.  Not into just giving away valuable draft picks.  We'll get a difference maker at 14.  Hope Gute feels the same.  The draft is a crap shoot.  Some of these guys will bust out.  Best course is to take multiple swings.  Trading up in the 1st round is too expensive.  Just watch the draft unfold there will be a very fine player at 14 whether it's Davenport, Landry, James, Ward or someone else.  Best to stay patient and let the draft fall to you.  Trading up in later rounds to get a targeted player OK.  But any pick through round 4 is valuable.  Would like to keep all our current selections.  Part with a 5th, 6th, or 7th rounder wouldn't bother me.  Not 3rd and 4th round picks we need those.  Washington is probably going to go DL so no need to jump ahead of them.

I love the swings theory but I've watched too many drafts play out to be convinced something like Landry will be there. Every year I'm convinced of so many things but nope. I'm wrong. I just throw my hands up now like who knows and just buckle in lol

No sure things Norm.  May fall in love with a player and he may just bust out.  Was on PC they are all in love with Landry too.  Looking around at various big boards he's not all that highly rated.  If someone takes Landry fine.  That means someone else will drop in our lap.  Mock I posted earlier had Chubb dropping.  Who knows?  Draft will have a few surprises think everyone will be happy with the Packers pick.  We are going to get a really good player at 14.  No need to trade up IMO.  Landry and Davenport may both be available at 14.  Be an interesting choice.  My guess is one of Landry, Davenport, or Chubb will be there at 14.  Fine with any of them.  Remember Mike Daniels was a 4th rounder.  So was Bak.  These are valuable picks too valuable to gamble away on a prospect who may or may not pan out.  No sure things in the draft...

Archived