2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

12 minutes ago, tredpack said:

What are peoples opinions on the USC EDGEs? Porter Gustin and Uchenna Nwosu. Or how about, Haynes from Ole Miss? 

Can Haynes even play EDGE in the NFL? Strictly pass rush/3rd down I'd suspect. 

Nwosu flashed when I watched USC.  Kinda on the small side.  I'm a bit skeptical of what the website is saying he is.  Gustin's production is meh.

Just now, MNPackfan32 said:

Mayfield probably going to be gone by our pick too, in my opinion.

Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Barkley

Likely all picked before GB goes on the clock at #14.  Hope more top players get pushed down

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Barkley

Likely all picked before GB goes on the clock at #14.  Hope more top players get pushed down

It's possible that Lamar Jackson and/or Josh Allen go in the top 10 as well.  Looking at the teams ahead of us, there are only a handful of teams who we know won't be in the market for a QB.  Indianapolis (Andrew Luck), Tampa Bay (Jameis Winston), Chicago (Mitchell Trubisky), San Francisco (Jimmy G), and Oakland (Derek Carr) are obviously not going to take a QB.  Unlikely that Cincinnati takes one though.  That's Cleveland (at 1 and 4), NY Giants (at 2), Denver (at 5), NY Jets (at 6), and Miami (at 11) could all be in the market for QBs.  And depending on what happens with Kirk Cousins, the Redskins could be in the market as well.

Mayfield probably going to be gone by our pick too, in my opinion.

Isn't he supposed to be like this year's Manziel?  I've read like two sentences about him here and I saw a picture of him and that's all I know, but I'd love it if he was picked before we pick. 

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It's possible that Lamar Jackson and/or Josh Allen go in the top 10 as well.  Looking at the teams ahead of us, there are only a handful of teams who we know won't be in the market for a QB.  Indianapolis (Andrew Luck), Tampa Bay (Jameis Winston), Chicago (Mitchell Trubisky), San Francisco (Jimmy G), and Oakland (Derek Carr) are obviously not going to take a QB.  Unlikely that Cincinnati takes one though.  That's Cleveland (at 1 and 4), NY Giants (at 2), Denver (at 5), NY Jets (at 6), and Miami (at 11) could all be in the market for QBs.  And depending on what happens with Kirk Cousins, the Redskins could be in the market as well.

We can hope that QB's go 1&2 and teams panic and trade up to get a QB.

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Isn't he supposed to be like this year's Manziel?  I've read like two sentences about him here and I saw a picture of him and that's all I know, but I'd love it if he was picked before we pick. 

Idk what exactly you mean by "this year's Manziel"? In what aspect? Also, Baker is going to the Senior Bowl, I could see that helping him some.

Idk what exactly you mean by "this year's Manziel"? In what aspect?

That he actually sucks and isn't all that good, but he's a good college QB that also has a whole bunch of character red flags.

9 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

That he actually sucks and isn't all that good, but he's a good college QB that also has a whole bunch of character red flags.

He's good. Red flags? I have no clue, the fans normally don't find out the details of everything like the NFL does. The guy got arrested for alcohol, not a good look, but not the end of the world. Real question is, did he learn anything from it? Also, I'm not sure if Manziel is actually bad, he didn't work out in Cleveland, but that doesn't mean he's not talented enough to play in the NFL.

I don't see Ridley falling to 14 but if he did, he's the only first round WR pick I'd fully endorse for any team in a long while. Instantly gives this offense the threat over the top it lacks. Not to mention a ton of options for creative stuff underneath. Rodgers would love him from the beginning. 

14 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

He's good. Red flags? I have no clue, the fans normally don't find out the details of everything like the NFL does. The guy got arrested for alcohol, not a good look, but not the end of the world. Real question is, did he learn anything from it? Also, I'm not sure if Manziel is actually bad, he didn't work out in Cleveland, but that doesn't mean he's not talented enough to play in the NFL.

To be that small you need Russell Wilson's/Brees' arm. They don't have it. 

Archived