2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

2 hours ago, Kenrik said:

Im starting to think I wouldnt mind Roquan Smith. He is a beast out there and every good defense has great LBs. 

Perry-Daniels-Clark-Lawerence

CM3-Martinez-Roquan

King-Burnett-Haha-House

Wouldn't he play inside? He doesn't play corner or edge, but I think he's one of the biggest difference makers in this draft. Tenacity and speed immediately is a upgrade over anybody. 

7 hours ago, cooters22 said:

Wouldn't he play inside? He doesn't play corner or edge, but I think he's one of the biggest difference makers in this draft. Tenacity and speed immediately is a upgrade over anybody. 

I plugged lawerence in there :). His sideline to sideline speed is amazing. I think he could play olb. We dont have much choice with Martinez playing the way he has. 

I've always been on the dont waste high draft picks on non rushing LBs but when I see all the really good defenses they all have really good LBs. Watching Dion Jones be a difference maker last night. We've been lacking a playmaker in our ILB group for a long long time.

11 hours ago, Green19 said:

More and more I want the pick to be Josh Jackson. I love the idea of edge but I don’t know which edge players will likely be there and that would be as good at edge as I feel like Jackson would be at CB.

I wouldn't go WR in round 1, but It isn't because I don't like Ridley, he is very good.

It is because at the moment it looks like there will be a better WR at pick 13 in round 2, than there will be at OLB there, so I'd go edge rusher first, WR second.

11 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

I plugged lawerence in there :). His sideline to sideline speed is amazing. I think he could play olb. We dont have much choice with Martinez playing the way he has. 

I've always been on the dont waste high draft picks on non rushing LBs but when I see all the really good defenses they all have really good LBs. Watching Dion Jones be a difference maker last night. We've been lacking a playmaker in our ILB group for a long long time.

Chargers were 3rd in points allowed this year and ran an ILB group of Denzel Perryman, Pullard Hayes, and Kyle Emmanuel.

Eagles were 4th in points allowed this year and ran an ILB group of Mychal Kendricks, Dannel Ellerbe, and Nigel Bradham.

Patriots were 5th in points allowed this year and ran an ILB group of Kyle Van Noy, Elandon Roberts, and Marquis Harris.

I don't see how you can say all the really good defenses have really good LBs when 3 of the top 5 are running groups that are average at best??

7 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I wouldn't go WR in round 1, but It isn't because I don't like Ridley, he is very good.

It is because at the moment it looks like there will be a better WR at pick 13 in round 2, than there will be at OLB there, so I'd go edge rusher first, WR second.

Basically exactly how I feel. 

I want Ridley in Green and Gold, just dont love the idea of spending a 1st rd pick to make it happen. 

27 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Chargers were 3rd in points allowed this year and ran an ILB group of Denzel Perryman, Pullard Hayes, and Kyle Emmanuel.

Eagles were 4th in points allowed this year and ran an ILB group of Mychal Kendricks, Dannel Ellerbe, and Nigel Bradham.

Patriots were 5th in points allowed this year and ran an ILB group of Kyle Van Noy, Elandon Roberts, and Marquis Harris.

I don't see how you can say all the really good defenses have really good LBs when 3 of the top 5 are running groups that are average at best??

Perryman was in the discussion for best ILB in that draft. Perryman, Kendricks, and Van Noy were all 2nd round picks. This could be fun to look into.

2 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

Perryman was in the discussion for best ILB in that draft. Perryman, Kendricks, and Van Noy were all 2nd round picks. This could be fun to look into.

Not a single Chargers LB has played more than 50% of defensive snaps.

Mychal Kendricks is the best of 9 guys mentioned.

Take it with a grain of salt but PFF has Van Noy as the 69th rated ILB in the NFL this year.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not a single Chargers LB has played more than 50% of defensive snaps.

Mychal Kendricks is the best of 9 guys mentioned.

Take it with a grain of salt but PFF has Van Noy as the 69th rated ILB in the NFL this year.

Just be interesting to see if there is any correlation with defensive rankings and ILB/MLB investment. Van Noy move to ILB after Hightower injury?

13 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I for one love PFF for generally placing guys. It's by far the best alternative to watching all the players yourself (well, behind listening to true expert opinions which are pretty rare and probably hard to come by in real time).

55 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I think more often the ILB look good as a function of a good defense, rather than being the catalyst themselves.

I think the right ILB can change your entire defense. Look at Wagner in Seattle and Jones just last night for ATL.  He made too many key plays to count. Plays a lot of ILBs simply cant make. If you think Roquan might be that caliber and there isnt an obvious alternative choice on the board, I'd take all of 30 secs to turn in the card. 

Archived