Coordinator News and Rumors

WindyCity

I like the Furrey hire. You need some guys on your staff that played in the NFL. It gives the staff a little credibility with the players.

The Gilbride hire is a solid one. Young, but with a lot of experience in the passing game. The fact that he has worked with WRs as well is nice as we have so much heavy lifting to do in that regard.

Giants Beat Reporter when asked about retaining some of McAdoo’s staff.

I think both are good coaches. I think Gilbride has been the best assistant the Giants have had since I've been on the beat, especially with what he's had to work with since moving to TE before this year.

But really all depends on head coach

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I asked Middlekauff who had better putting a staff together.

John Middlekauff

It will matter if his defence is being walked all over...I think Gruden has put together a solid safe staff...we have put together one of pure potential on offence and defensively even if we don't upgrade the LB coaches we are still rock solid.

Per the Chicago Tribune, #Bears have informed Strength Coach Jason George that he will not be returning for the 2018 season.  I know many of us were anticipating this, but it's good to see based on all the injuries we've had over the past few seasons.

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Biggs reported that Todd Downing is a candidate to be our QB Coach. He was highly regarded in that role before his failure at OC last year in Oakland. I’m game. 

Keep him very far away from playcalling/scheming/in-game adjustments, and you should be good.

3 hours ago, bkokot said:

Per the Chicago Tribune, #Bears have informed Strength Coach Jason George that he will not be returning for the 2018 season.  I know many of us were anticipating this, but it's good to see based on all the injuries we've had over the past few seasons.

This move will not get noticed but is incredibly important.  Hope this helps the injury problem

5 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Biggs reported that Todd Downing is a candidate to be our QB Coach. He was highly regarded in that role before his failure at OC last year in Oakland. I’m game. 

I would be all for that as well...clearly it was a rough year in Oakland but the work he did with Carr was outstanding previous to that...Downing or O'Hara would both be quality pickups...those are the interviews you want Tru to be a part of.

12 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Keep him very far away from playcalling/scheming/in-game adjustments, and you should be good.

Agree 100%. He seems to thrive with development of QBs, not gameplanning/adjusting. More longterm ability than impromptu natural ability, so to speak.

Archived