Jaguars vs. Steelers Divisional Playoff GDT

JLambert58

And what exactly was the rationale for not using the TO on the plus side of the two minute warning? Usually Tomlin says it's because he wants to save a TO for offense. Well, that wasn't in play here.

I wouldn't miss any of these coaches besides Munchack.

Just now, warfelg said:

On the flip, he's been given 6 1st/2nd round players and only 1 of them is worth their weight.  Some of that has to be on coaching.  At some point so many disappointing players has to fall on coaching.

Okay....why doesnt some of the coaching fall on the position coaches?      They are the ones who are supposed to be teaching and enforcing technique and discipline....and thats a big issue with our LBs and defensive backs.   

Im not saying Butler deserves a "pass" necessarily, but he shouldnt be fired either.     He gets this defense to play beyond their talent level quite often, but after losing Shazier, it seemed to be too much for the D to handle.

Should Butler be on the hotseat?   Perhaps....but I would still give him another year.      Besides, Fangio is the only DC that was available that I wouldve been interested in bringing in over him.  

I think haley is gone.. expect we will promote from within for his replacement

I'm not all for firing butler.. but some chances on that side of the ball needs to be made on the field and in coaching .. steeler coaches are getting blasted by the media right now lol

Just now, CKSteeler said:

And what exactly was the rationale for not using the TO on the plus side of the two minute warning? Usually Tomlin says it's because he wants to save a TO for offense. Well, that wasn't in play here.

I wouldn't miss any of these coaches besides Munchack.

It only wouldve saved about 10 seconds in this case.

There were so many stupid decisions made today...but that one doesnt really stick out.

11 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Really? I truly think he retires.

he looked retired on the sidelines when down 14-0. Wasn't scheming with coaches or players, instead had jacket etc keeping warm. Could  careless by the looks of it at that time.  AB save the game as did the TD to bryant. Regular in game play was quite bad over all 

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

It only wouldve saved about 10 seconds in this case.

There were so many stupid decisions made today...but that one doesnt really stick out.

10 seconds likely doesn't win the game, but it gives you a chance. And it's a mistake we've seen made by Tomlin over and over again always with moronic explanations to justify it. He. Does. Not. Learn.

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Okay....why doesnt some of the coaching fall on the position coaches?      They are the ones who are supposed to be teaching and enforcing technique and discipline....and thats a big issue with our LBs and defensive backs.   

Im not saying Butler deserves a "pass" necessarily, but he shouldnt be fired either.     He gets this defense to play beyond their talent level quite often, but after losing Shazier, it seemed to be too much for the D to handle.

Should Butler be on the hotseat?   Perhaps....but I would still give him another year.      Besides, Fangio is the only DC that was available that I wouldve been interested in bringing in over him.  

Ehhh....I think we play under our talent level.   I think coaching overall needs to be cleaned out aside from HC, QBC, RBC, WRC, OLC.  

My problem with Butler is like Haley, which I said earlier.  Lack of feel for the game and lack of understanding.  We've seen him call different things so we know it's in the playbook.  But he doesn't use it.  So it's on him.  And when he uses it, it works, so clearly the talent is there.

If you're going to say its not the coaching, that the defense still lacks talent then Colbert is the one that should go.  Either way, there is a failing on defense that needs to be addressed and its either talent or coaching.

Archived