Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

46 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Thanks for clarifying. So, it's not a rolling 4 years. Good to know. I agree with you on the target. I think the Jets will target that 86-90% range this year. Seems like a good strategy that will continue to allow us to pay our own guys as well as add a free agent or two each year. 

It is a 4 year rolling period but "forward-rolling".  2017 began the 4 year rolling period of 2017-2020.

-The reports out of LA is that the Rams will tag Lamarcus Joyner paying him roughly $11m instead of the $16m to tag Sammy Watkins. 

If true and Watkins tests the market I would like to think we will go all in on him. He would be a risk because of injury history but well worth throwing the dice on and would be a draw to entice Cousins.

Would also mean Trumaine Johnson hits FA who could also be a target for us. 

- The Dolphins are cutting Julius Thomas who I wouldn’t mind bringing in at Tight End. Would be another big pass catcher who could be worth a look.   

19 minutes ago, xenajets said:

-The reports out of LA is that the Rams will tag Lamarcus Joyner paying him roughly $11m instead of the $16m to tag Sammy Watkins. 

If true and Watkins tests the market I would like to think we will go all in on him. He would be a risk because of injury history but well worth throwing the dice on and would be a draw to entice Cousins.

Would also mean Trumaine Johnson hits FA who could also be a target for us. 

- The Dolphins are cutting Julius Thomas who I wouldn’t mind bringing in at Tight End. Would be another big pass catcher who could be worth a look.   

Thomas is washed up my man.  Too many injuries.

19 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Given our cap situation, I'd hope we'd shoot higher personally

That’s true but if the value is there we should at least look into it. I’m surprised we haven’t had Vontae Davis in for a meeting. Before getting hurt last year in Indy he’s always been a reliable top ten cb. Some may argue top five. Just shocked we haven’t kicked the tires on him. 

17 minutes ago, xenajets said:

That’s true but if the value is there we should at least look into it. I’m surprised we haven’t had Vontae Davis in for a meeting. Before getting hurt last year in Indy he’s always been a reliable top ten cb. Some may argue top five. Just shocked we haven’t kicked the tires on him. 

I don’t think we try and sign old FAs. Macc surely learned his lesson from that his 1st offseason. You can’t build a team with 30+yr olds. QB is the only position that has success in that regard. Now if we get Cousins... Macc might need uo the OLine with a vet or 2 if thats what it takes to get Cousins here I’m sure. But probably 1yr deals. 

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

I think Vontae's a zone corner if i'm not mistaken, but I might be

Archived