Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Some rumors

-We're interested in Travis Swanson.  No clue why.

-We're interest in Orleans Darkwa.  Unless we're cutting Powell, no clue why.

-A large portion of teams will be interested in Claiborne. 

I like Darkwa 

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

I do too, but why not just draft a guy?

Signing Darkwa to a small deal doesn't stop that.  Just puts emphasis that he likely won't be taking one early.  Mac obviously doesn't value RB's high enough to draft one early they prefer RB by committee.  He likely feels comfortable running a trio of a mid rounder, Darkwa, McGuire committee.  He likes well rounded RB's that can run, block, and catch. 

4 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I do too, but why not just draft a guy?

Macc probably will, most likely not as high as some of us would like but definitely believe he will. A RB core of Powell, Darkwa, McGuire, and Ballage/Hines would be pretty solid.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Signing Darkwa to a small deal doesn't stop that.  Just puts emphasis that he likely won't be taking one early.  Mac obviously doesn't value RB's high enough to draft one early they prefer RB by committee.  He likely feels comfortable running a trio of a mid rounder, Darkwa, McGuire committee.  He likes well rounded RB's that can run, block, and catch. 

If the plan was to cut Powell, then it makes sense.

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

If the plan was to cut Powell, then it makes sense.

Could be a camp battle thing.  Powell does make a good amount of money for a backup.  I would like to keep Powell in the mix, he was really solid last year and hasn't dropped off yet.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Could be a camp battle thing.  Powell does make a good amount of money for a backup.  I would like to keep Powell in the mix, he was really solid last year and hasn't dropped off yet.

Personally preference would be just to keep the RB's as is and draft a guy

Travis Swanson had 2 brain surgery.  Any kind of head injury and Center don't mix.  Pass.

Orleans Darkwa is a good choice. Has experience with ZBS.  That shows Maccagnan doesn't prioritize RB for draft.

Many blocking TEs are making 4-6m per season.  ASJ can block and catch.  7m for that is not bad but I rather draft one.

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

Weren't we rumored to want Kamara last year?

Yeah that was the 3rd round though.  I would guess that is where Mac views RB value.  I assume while he is GM that we'll be going RB any sooner than round 3.

7 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Yeah that was the 3rd round though.  I would guess that is where Mac views RB value.  I assume while he is GM that we'll be going RB any sooner than round 3.

He also passed on RB in the 2nd. So I can see this being the case. 

Well Bowles yesterday eluded to that he likes Bates bc he feels he can balance the run vs pass better than Morton did. Meaning we want to run the ball more probably. I like Powell and McGuire. But they aren’t scaring anyone. An upgrade needs to be made. Darkwa doesn’t offer that imo.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Well Bowles yesterday eluded to that he likes Bates bc he feels he can balance the run vs pass better than Morton did. Meaning we want to run the ball more probably. I like Powell and McGuire. But they aren’t scaring anyone. An upgrade needs to be made. Darkwa doesn’t offer that imo.

Morton's offense was more of balanced offense compared to Chan Gailey's.   Big problem is Morton did not run in short yardage situation enough for Bowles liking. Morton kept ignoring Bowles' suggestion for certain rush selections.  Jets' brass, especially Maccagnan, likes Bates because he knows that offense.    

Dennison will make OL work for Bowles but I am not sure how much impact will he make with that OL.  It takes some time to play right for RB.

Apparently interested in Richburg too, and theres mutual interest. Would be an excellent signing. I want to see a lot of interior changes to that line. We should still look to be replacing the guards despite not being able to cut Winters yet, winters is still trash.

Archived