2018 Free Agency Discussion Thread

AnAngryAmerican

It's the offseason so I get bored and speculate. I've been hearing things coming out of Dallas that they aren't sold on Dak.  They're not out looking for a qb but if one is available they'd go for it. Now hear me out. We have an extra 3rd probably from the comp pick, we also have Emmanuel Sanders who would be a good number two for them and we can pay a portion of his salary. We also have Paxton who Jerry loved, he has a better oline and coaching in Dallas so maybe he thinks he can save Paxton. 

If Dak to them is qb purgatory and they don't want him long term why not get a 3rd, Paxton, Sanders for him. Let Paxton sink or swim if he sinks they got a top 10 pick to get a franchise qb, if he swims they got a deeper roster and qb they believe in.

We'd be sitting pretty with  3 picks in the top 100, 30 mill in cap space, and our franchise qb 2 years on the cheap! Did I lose my mind?

2 hours ago, champ11 said:

I'm aware. And I'm evaluating Lamar Jackson as a potential NFL quarterback based on his skills and abilities, not just his NCAA pedigree. Obviously not everyone is doing that, especially if they think Jackson is a WR

I completely agree brother! People have short term memories. We want to compare Jackson to Young, Rg3, Pryor.  I have a better comparison and this guy played in the 80s and 90s a more physical brand of football. He was a poor mans Lamar Jackson played for the Philadelphia eagles and UNLV in a run and gun I believe.

He had one of the most memorable plays in NFL history on Monday night football  against the Giants.  He looked like Gumby doing it contouring his body something Lamar does regularly. With better offensive coaching he would of been a GOAT. 

Who am I talking about?

yes that player is why I'd consider trading down in the first for him or running to the podium in the second to make the best selectuon in Broncos history. Yes he's that good.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

It's the offseason so I get bored and speculate. I've been hearing things coming out of Dallas that they aren't sold on Dak.  They're not out looking for a qb but if one is available they'd go for it. Now hear me out. We have an extra 3rd probably from the comp pick, we also have Emmanuel Sanders who would be a good number two for them and we can pay a portion of his salary. We also have Paxton who Jerry loved, he has a better oline and coaching in Dallas so maybe he thinks he can save Paxton. 

If Dak to them is qb purgatory and they don't want him long term why not get a 3rd, Paxton, Sanders for him. Let Paxton sink or swim if he sinks they got a top 10 pick to get a franchise qb, if he swims they got a deeper roster and qb they believe in.

We'd be sitting pretty with  3 picks in the top 100, 30 mill in cap space, and our franchise qb 2 years on the cheap! Did I lose my mind?

Yes. If he were on the market, which of course he's not, he wouldn't go for less than a first round pick. That package is a handful of pennies and nickels.

3 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

Yes. If he were on the market, which of course he's not, he wouldn't go for less than a first round pick. That package is a handful of pennies and nickels.

I figured that but getting a qbotf if Jerry Jones still likes Lynch at all and a number 2 wr, along with a 3rd would be good.

55 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I figured that but getting a qbotf if Jerry Jones still likes Lynch at all and a number 2 wr, along with a 3rd would be good.

Whose to say he still likes Lynch? Just because he liked him pre-draft doesn't mean he will still like him after he's proven nothing.

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

Whose to say he still likes Lynch? Just because he liked him pre-draft doesn't mean he will still like him after he's proven nothing.

While that could very well be true, GM's around really any league have shown to give talent, but under performing athletes(especially QB) multiple chances. 

1 hour ago, broncosfan07 said:

While that could very well be true, GM's around really any league have shown to give talent, but under performing athletes(especially QB) multiple chances. 

Nothing makes sense In Dove Valley  right now. Just look at Kubiak being brought back in a high capacity. He helped get Stewart here and him and Elway, along with Matt Russell were collectively involved in the 2016 draft.

That draft has netted marginal results. So unless Kubiak was right on the direction they should of went the move makes little sense.

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

You don't think he'd do well with zeke and the oline also the coaches. 

I mean I def think he would do better than he has with us but that isn’t saying much. And not to mention he simply isn’t near as talented as Dak. So if they aren’t sold on Dak why would they toss him for cheap and replace him with a lesser talent. 

Paxton deserves a shot to at least hang on in the league but I’m pretty certain the league views him as a bust. 

Saw on Rotoworld:

According to ESPN Broncos reporter Jeff Legwold, the team "seems intent" on Devontae Booker being the No. 1 running back in 2018....and believes the Broncos will release or trade C.J. Anderson this offseason.

I think we all expected this. I'm thankful for what CJ brought to our team but I am ready to move on.

I'd love it if we draft Barkely to pair with Booker/Henderson.

Archived