2018 Free Agency Discussion Thread

AnAngryAmerican

So I read about Aj Mccarron apparently even if he gets to become a ufa that the Bengals will put at least a second round right of first refusal tender on him. 

Why can't the skins do the same with Cousins ? Is it because he was franchised twice?

Ah never mind apparently he just has to not sign it. So why wouldn't aj mccarron do the same thing? Whys the transition tag even exist?

48 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

So I read about Aj Mccarron apparently even if he gets to become a ufa that the Bengals will put at least a second round right of first refusal tender on him. 

Why can't the skins do the same with Cousins ? Is it because he was franchised twice?

Ah never mind apparently he just has to not sign it. So why wouldn't aj mccarron do the same thing? Whys the transition tag even exist?

McCarron is possibly a Restricted Free Agent. If he's an unrestricted free agent then they can't tender him.

4 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

We all know what Elway wants, and ultimately needs to make this Franchise good again - a high calibre QB. If we don't spend big in free agency, I would be absolutely stunned if he doesn't take one with the 5th overall pick. Even from a selfish point of view - drafting a young QB in the 1st gives you a ready made excuse for poor performance for at least a year ...

Oh I think that's a given. if we don't sign a Kirk Cousins to be the unquestioned number one QB, we will draft one at five who will be the unquestioned number one. 

5 hours ago, iLikeDefense said:

Wonder if Hue finally gets AJ after that botched trade.

Bingo listen AJ was effective in his starts but he didnt get the yardage.  I think this is the way of eliminating competition for Cousins.  Browns can't afford to be empty handed in the qb derby. 

I think Denver now pushes for Cousins but are comfortable with lots of qb options in the draft because they have a high number of + traits.

Cleveland can sign him and draft a QB with the First or Fourth pick.

Look what happened to Mike Glennon with Chicago last year. They draft Mitchell Trubisky even after signed Glennon.

Signing Mccarron doesn't say that Cleveland not draft a QB .

If Denver not trade up or sign Cousins they will have a choice between Sam Darnold or Josh Allen (for this position but possibly they want an OL).

Josh Rosen not drop outside NY. 

Browns want Darnold or Mayfield or Allen (Rosen doesn't want to play for them).

One possibility, Browns trade down the top spot for a team that want his QB and secure more pick (ad a 2nd round and future 1st 2019 + Jets 6 and we have a deal).

With 5 picks in the first 37 selections + 2 first Round in '19 Browns will be competitive (if they not  miss the 2 drafts)

1 hour ago, French Fan said:

Cleveland can sign him and draft a QB with the First or Fourth pick.

Look what happened to Mike Glennon with Chicago last year. They draft Mitchell Trubisky even after signed Glennon.

Signing Mccarron doesn't say that Cleveland not draft a QB .

If Denver not trade up or sign Cousins they will have a choice between Sam Darnold or Josh Allen (for this position but possibly they want an OL).

Josh Rosen not drop outside NY. 

Browns want Darnold or Mayfield or Allen (Rosen doesn't want to play for them).

One possibility, Browns trade down the top spot for a team that want his QB and secure more pick (ad a 2nd round and future 1st 2019 + Jets 6 and we have a deal).

With 5 picks in the first 37 selections + 2 first Round in '19 Browns will be competitive (if they not  miss the 2 drafts)

I keep hearing they will pick Barkley or Rosen.  Their oline and run game is terrible .

Agree.

Rosen will be the pick. Too high for a RB.

It 's possible that Jets want him at 1st. 

NY Jets are 2 draft and FA away to be a contender minimum. The pick will be very coveted.

If Elway's QB is there at 1.4 he will trade up before another team (Cousins not sign in Denver of course) if not......possible trade down to cumulate picks

A dream trade for me would be Paxton Lynch and Aquib Talib for that.San Francisco second. It would be full value for those two assets. 

New England who knows maybe they view him with rose colored glasses he was a former number 1. Mcdaniels would love to stick it to Denver and say I just turned your damaged goods into Tom Brady. New England runs a military like structure. Bill B would go into Paxtons room and break his ps4 and say study the damn play book do your job.

Archived