The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Just now, VY said:

He expected to last that long?

Anywhere from mid to late 1st. That kid is a baller & a chest piece in the right scheme that will tailor towards his strengths. He can blitz, not great but good in run support, kinda tight hip in man coverage, but is very good in zone, has ball skills & is interchangeable, can play Strong or single high safety high IQ far as understanding route concepts.

Honey badger let loose solely for cap reasons and we're supposed to believe that we don't need to worry about giving players who haven't produced huge contracts (Watkins) because cap issues dont exist in today's NFL and good players aren't just let go.

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Honey badger let loose solely for cap reasons and we're supposed to believe that we don't need to worry about giving players who haven't produced huge contracts (Watkins) because cap issues dont exist in today's NFL and good players aren't just let go.

My motto never break the bank for a player that isn’t a game changer talking bout a guy that can change a franchise. If he’s not that find a cheaper option that can give you production & draft the best players on your board that fits what you want in a football player 

36 minutes ago, VY said:

Don't kill the dream!! Throw money at the secondary, spend like 3 picks on pass rushers and hold you breath one hits. Mathieu would really make our DB's pretty tough to match up against. Both he and Byard can do just about everything. Could get creative using the safeties and third corner in blitzes. Let us dream for a minute.

ba2f2ebc8c86becc577f877fd0fdc7c6.jpg

30 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Honey Badger was let go because the new coach didn't value his position within the defense. Similar to what Carolina did when they recinded Josh Norman's franchise tag.

40 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Honey Badger was let go because the new coach didn't value his position within the defense. Similar to what Carolina did when they recinded Josh Norman's franchise tag.

If I were them I would blame it on something other than front office mistakes as well, but money is what it all comes down to. That's just PR talk.

Any DC would have to be stupid not to value FS that can play single high or cover the slot like a nickel CB.

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

If I were them I would blame it on something other than front office mistakes as well, but money is what it all comes down to. That's just PR talk.

Any DC would have to be stupid not to value FS that can play single high or cover the slot like a nickel CB.

Here' the thing though the Cardinals haven't been spending crazy in FA. They had 20 mil in cap space going into the offseason. Their issue is that they don'thave a QB, and thus was forced into that market. And paid Bradford. It's apples to oranges. This isnt fiscal irresponsibility come to roost, it' a tough situation that you have without a QB.

But sure, they were lying and you were right the whole time

My main point was that virtually every contract is pretty easy to get out of at this point. So even if you pay a big free agent and he busts, you’re almost always able to get out after two years.

If anything, Mathieu, demonstrates that. 5 year, $62 million deal and he’s released with very little long-term damage done when the Cards decided he was no longer worth the price tag.

Archived