The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/25858/breaking-down-malcolm-butler-dion-lewis-deals-titans-salary-cap-update

Based off this article, we still have $43.28 million in cap space(not including the $5 million we'll use for our draft slot).

Yeah... increased a little after the Sly cut.  But our rookie pool is part of that number... Also keep in mind that rookies will bump some of the players off... the offseason only takes into account the top 51 contracts (currently we have a little over 45M in top 51 cap space.)  It's a fluid situation all the way through, with that number changing one way or another with moves that may sometimes seem insignificant otherwise (and even the cap impact is minimal, but there)

Watching NFL live & NFL network I swear it’s like these folks trying their best to endorse a Suh to Rams signing. All you hear is how Wade Phillips The bookend corners, & pairing him with Aaron Donald. Last time I check we have a probowl DT that’s no slouch in Cassey a former probowl edge rusher in Orakpo an All-Pro safety, added a probowl caliber Corner. We top 10 in sacks last yr & top 5 in run defense ??‍♂️??‍♂️

This Suh tour is annoying now he’s meeting the Raiders tomorrow.

Good news is it didn’t seem like he met with the Rams for a long time. He did have dinner and was in Nashville most of the day Sunday too.

The worry with the Raiders is they throw boat loads of cash at anyone so we’ll see how that goes tomorrow.

I wish he would just decide on a team already 

Just now, Titans fan 617 said:

This Suh tour is annoying now he’s meeting the Raiders tomorrow.

Good news is it didn’t seem like he met with the Rams for a long time. He did have dinner and was in Nashville most of the day Sunday too.

The worry with the Raiders is they throw boat loads of cash at anyone so we’ll see how that goes tomorrow.

I wish he would just decide on a team already 

I mean, if all these teams are willing to wine and dine him, why would he rush it? Especially at this point in his career.

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

Man Byard just let Deion have it on Twitter ?

Deion embarrassed himself bad with: 

The fact that two hours later, he hasn't deleted a tweet that calls an all-pro/pro bowl safety a "fan" is pretty impressive though.

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

I mean, if all these teams are willing to wine and dine him, why would he rush it? Especially at this point in his career.

Yeah, I have nothing but respect for the way he's playing it. Make them woo you, there's literally no benefit for him to visit and sign with a team before exploring every option and working all interested teams against each other. As a Titans fan, it's not fun, but it's not his job to make the process easier for fans.

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Deion embarrassed himself bad with: 

The fact that two hours later, he hasn't deleted a tweet that calls an all-pro/pro bowl safety a "fan" is pretty impressive though.

What makes it even worse is how Deion says he knows who current players feels is the best safety but some of the top DBs(Eric Weddle, Casey Hayward, Jalen Ramsey) are all siding with Byard.

32 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Yeah...I'm not too confident we'll get Suh at this point.

Be confident speak it into existence man no faith whatsoever I still like our chances. He’s a FA & this is his last big contract he also got to make a decision what’s best for his career & family..

41 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Raiders actually have very little cap room available, I believe less than 5 Million. Most likely Suh is using us a bargaining chip to finesse a bigger contract.

If we are somehow going to sign Suh, they will have to restructure Carr's deal, or sign Khalil Mack to an extension to lower his cap hit and do some other sorcery. So I wouldn't worry too much about us

Archived