The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

First time in my 10+ years on FF that my username # is associated with a quality player. So that's fun. Off the top of my head, I think the last decent Titans player that wore #21 was Samari Rolle.

How long have we been using that number font on social media?? Wonder if that's what the font will look like on the new jerseys ???

8 minutes ago, Titansfan_13 said:

We've been back with the Navy as our base home jerseys for a couple years now though.

Columbia Blue makes that logo pop

Columbia Blue in the OTP Logo

All recent tweets but the fact that no Columbia blue in the pics of the Butler and Lewis jersey number graphic seems different 

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Not interested seen this episode Eric Molds Randy Moss Andre Johnson. I’ll sign Tyrone Calico off the street before dez

Not to say I expect Dez to ever be prime Dez, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to compare him to the absolutely ancient receivers that we've signed in the past. Moss was in his 13th year, AJ was in his 14th year and Moulds was in his 13th. Dez is 29 and entering his ninth season. Not young by any stretch, but the potential for some level of use (beyond the "use" we got out of the shells of AJ, Moss, Decker and Moulds) is still there. I'd certainly feel better about Dez than being forced to rely on Taywan and/or Sharpe in real roles. Now, given just how much he's relied on athleticism and explosiveness, I can't pretend that there's not a chance he absolutely falls off a cliff. But I'd probably take Dez immediately after literally falling off of a cliff over Tajae.

Dez has lost more than one step at this point, and if you believe Steve Smith. Dez is only capable of running three routes at this point in his career. A jump ball go, a slant, and a push off hitch. Janoris Jenkins essentially said the same last season. Chris Carter said Dez looks like he's running in quicksand. And I think its might be telling of his character and work ethic that he's 'refining' his route running in year 9, when he's on the verge of being cut. Is this not something you do every offseason? Is supposed to mean that this the first time he's taken route running seriously?

Hard pass. Dez is limited in what he can do at this point. He essentially plays the same spot as Corey Davis, the outside X, and is essentially an old slow version of Davis. Don't fool yourself into thinking that Dez would learn another position or that we can just play him in the slot or do what Decker did. I also don't believe he'll come in to be depth. He believes he's still a top flight WR, he just doesn't play like one anymore. I don't for a second believe Dez is going somewhere to be a 3 or 4 and if he ends up in that position, I fully expect him to pout.

And I'm sure someone will bring up the 'chip on his shoulder' cliche... still pass. 

34 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Dez Bryant is a slightly better version of Eric Decker at this point.

I'm not against adding him but I wouldn't be exactly knocking on his door to add him.

Decker could run routes dez can’t nor can he catch no thank you 

11 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Not to say I expect Dez to ever be prime Dez, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to compare him to the absolutely ancient receivers that we've signed in the past. Moss was in his 13th year, AJ was in his 14th year and Moulds was in his 13th. Dez is 29 and entering his ninth season. Not young by any stretch, but the potential for some level of use (beyond the "use" we got out of the shells of AJ, Moss, Decker and Moulds) is still there. I'd certainly feel better about Dez than being forced to rely on Taywan and/or Sharpe in real roles. Now, given just how much he's relied on athleticism and explosiveness, I can't pretend that there's not a chance he absolutely falls off a cliff. But I'd probably take Dez immediately after literally falling off of a cliff over Tajae.

Okay since you want to go by years explain Hakeem nicks ??? dez is done trust me he was my favorite player in college at OKST 

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Would definitely have preferred this to Gabbert.

I Don’t see why what has Kessler done, he doesn’t even have a lot of expierence. Wit a backup we need a sure thing & need to know what we’re getting 

Archived