The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Now that the Suh watch is over, I wonder if (as others have suggested) we'll check out Hankins. He would be a nice young piece to go along with our DL, plus he has his connection with Vrabel.

Also, for what it's worth, I've seen that he just started following Vrabel on twitter.

9 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Now that the Suh watch is over, I wonder if (as others have suggested) we'll check out Hankins. He would be a nice young piece to go along with our DL, plus he has his connection with Vrabel.

Also, for what it's worth, I've seen that he just started following Vrabel on twitter.

If we don't, I for one will be greatly disappointed. 

4 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I dont know if we will go after Hankins. Unless he is ready for a low one year prove it deal. 

I think Suh was a special case. Not a sign of a need. 

I think the Titans will be in on Hankins. The D line is a need since we cut Williams and Klug and he is young and a very strong run defender who can create pressure at times. I know some think we don't need a true NT but if we do run 3-4 I think it would be greatly beneficial if we did. Theoretically, it is going to be harder to pass on the Titans next season so opponents may try to run more. Someone like Hankins will ensure our run defense (which is still important in the modern day NFL) does not miss a beat. Also we lost Williamson whose run defense was always solid. Hankins would help keep the LBs clean in the run game which would be helpful for LBs in the mold of Jayon Brown.

I hope we bring Hankins in for one he is a very solid player would be a nice add.

2 hours ago, Titan89 said:

I think the Titans will be in on Hankins. The D line is a need since we cut Williams and Klug and he is young and a very strong run defender who can create pressure at times. I know some think we don't need a true NT but if we do run 3-4 I think it would be greatly beneficial if we did. Theoretically, it is going to be harder to pass on the Titans next season so opponents may try to run more. Someone like Hankins will ensure our run defense (which is still important in the modern day NFL) does not miss a beat. Also we lost Williamson whose run defense was always solid. Hankins would help keep the LBs clean in the run game which would be helpful for LBs in the mold of Jayon Brown.

I hope we bring Hankins in for one he is a very solid player would be a nice add.

I guess I disagree on the need, in like a starter. 

We need depth. But we don't have a giant size hole on the line.

If we go after Hankins, I expect a low offer.  Like I said with the whole Suh pursuit, I'm happy with Casey/Johnson/Jones as our starting unit.  Suh was the kind of player you make an exception for... but now I just see us going after depth players... If a good one falls to 25, I think they consider it as well.

23 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

If we go after Hankins, I expect a low offer.  Like I said with the whole Suh pursuit, I'm happy with Casey/Johnson/Jones as our starting unit.  Suh was the kind of player you make an exception for... but now I just see us going after depth players... If a good one falls to 25, I think they consider it as well.

Me personally I believe in attacking FA wit filling out your needs therefore come draft you can go best player available 

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Me personally I believe in attacking FA wit filling out your needs therefore come draft you can go best player available 

Yeah... And starting DL is not a need. We need depth. If BPA at 25 is a DL, then let's take him (unless a LB is right below him on our board)... He can develop behind the starters and provide depth... Same for other draft picks. I'd we still have a void after the draft, there is plenty of replacement/depth level players in FA.

Currently, every position has a player pencilled in as a legitimate starter. Jayon may be the weakest link... Depth at OLB and a starter as soon as next year is also needed... Depth at WR, depth at S... 

Archived