The 2017 Receiving Corp, who's it going to be...?

vike daddy

15 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

The screen to Diggs was frustrating. All he had to do was slow down ONE step and let Elflein get in front and it would have been a TD. 

Yeah, I was shouting the same thing during that play. I was also frustrated with Xavier’s tackle ON HIMSELF lol

15 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

When diggs catches and runs, he is always running out of bounds before the tackle. Must be trying to stay healthy.

I’m perfectly fine with that. He’s got a slight frame/build, so taking unnecessary hits could keep him out of games. Just having him on the field opens Thielen up for so much more. 

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

I’m perfectly fine with that. He’s got a slight frame/build, so taking unnecessary hits could keep him out of games. Just having him on the field opens Thielen up for so much more. 

I'm generally fine with it but going out of bounds on that last screen was a mistake. He has to know the situation.

42 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

I'm generally fine with it but going out of bounds on that last screen was a mistake. He has to know the situation.

From a team perspective. What if he stays in bounds, Elflein doesn't get there in time and Diggs is tackled and injuries his groin again?

You aren't wrong. Just something to consider.

Ideally he slows down for Elflein to catch up to him, and then run it in for the score.

And outside of fantasy football reasons, I'm not complaining!

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

From a team perspective. What if he stays in bounds, Elflein doesn't get there in time and Diggs is tackled and injuries his groin again?

You aren't wrong. Just something to consider.

Ideally he slows down for Elflein to catch up to him, and then run it in for the score.

And outside of fantasy football reasons, I'm not complaining!

He could have just gone to the ground. The big concern was keeping the clock moving.

Wide receiver Adam Thielen often has talked about idolizing Randy Moss while growing up. He had a chance this week to tell the former Vikings star that in person. Thielen sat down at Winter Park for an interview with Moss, an ESPN analyst. It will air on “Sunday NFL Countdown.’’

Thielen: “It was cool, he was absolutely a guy who pretty much got me wanting to play the game and play the position. He gave me some pointers on things that he used to do, and I remember seeing him do those things. They were little things like in the route, how to use your speed and when to use your speed. He was really cool. The first thing he said when we sat down was he kind of appreciated the way I played the game, and he likes how I kind of attack it every week.’’

http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/01/linval-joseph-says-vikings-better-than-2011-giants-team-he-won-super-bowl-with/

Jarius Wright’s clutch play has earned him several nicknames from teammates. The Vikings wide receiver doesn’t catch a lot of passes, but the ones he does grab really seem to count. Of Wright’s 14 receptions this season, nine have been for a first down and two for touchdowns. Five catches have resulted in a third-down conversion. Wright caught three passes for 18 yards in the Vikings’ 14-9 victory over the Falcons on Sunday in Atlanta. Two went for first downs, with one being a third-down conversion.

Stefon Diggs: “Mr. Jarius Wright, we call him Mr. Third Down. He does some great things when he gets the ball in his hands. He gets us conversions, we convert, try to keep the ball moving and sustain drives.”

Wright said Monday that teammates also call him “Mr. Clutch.” Then quarterback Teddy Bridgewater walked by, and said he calls him, “Mr. Efficient.”

Zimmer: “Whenever he gets the opportunity to go in, he knows all the receiver positions. He’s just a guy that loves to go out there and get a chance to play, and when he does, he usually makes a play.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/04/thanks-to-clutch-catches-jarius-wright-is-vikings-mr-third-down/

Kyle Rudolph has 50 catches for 465 yards for the 10-2 Vikings. According to Pro Football Focus, he has caught the most passes of any NFL player this season without a drop. The 6-foot-5 Rudolph has become one of the NFL’s most dangerous receivers in the red zone. In 13 targets inside the 20, he has 12 receptions, tied for most in the league, and five touchdowns, tied for fourth.

Rudolph has 315 catches in seven seasons with the Vikings. If he continues his recent pace, he could challenge Steve Jordan’s team tight-end record of 498 catches by his 10th season, three less years than Jordan played.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/08/kyle-rudolph-has-fan-in-vikings-great-steve-jordan/

On December 5, 2017 at 3:33 PM, vike daddy said:

Vikings TE Kyle Rudolph has collected 50 receptions for 465 yards and 6 TDs, 35 yards shy of his 2nd career 50-catch, 500-yard, 5-TD season, which would tie him for the most in Vikings history among all TEs.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Game-Preview-Vikings-at-Panthers/272cd0b1-3d3d-4b73-bcb7-67ad6c505890

TE is a position that MN just hasn't had any real notable players.

50 catches/500 yards/5 Tds seems like a fairly insignificant milestone, one that id think most TEs who start 14+ games with a competent QB could achieve.

We have seen so little production out of Treadwell and Floyd. Does anyone have the snap breakdown? Treadwell has never shown us much while Floyd at least has looked like a good NFL receiver in the past. If the team hasn't already tried giving Floyd more snaps than Treadwell I would be in favor so flipping the snap counts towards Floyd. Jarius Wright has looked better than either of them.

Archived