The 2017 Receiving Corp, who's it going to be...?

vike daddy

9 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

The Vikings have truly become a top notch organization. Great product;  better people. As a fan, I’m proud of that fact. 

great stadium environment for fans, and soon to add great training facility for players and surrounding community.

Most receptions in a season by a player not named Cris Carter or Randy Moss: 88 (Rickey Young, 1978)
Most yards in a season by a player not named Cris Carter or Randy Moss: 1,320 (Jake Reed, 1996)

Through 13 games, Adam Thielen currently has 80 receptions for 1,161 yards

Does anyone thing it might make sense to trade Diggs if you can get a good return?

I think Treadwell has looked good, and could really step up if he was actually given real playing time.

A lineup of Thielen, Treadwell, Wright, Floyd, Coley and Adams is still excellent.

Trading Diggs before we need to sign him to a big contract would really help free up money for all the defensive players.

6 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Does anyone thing it might make sense to trade Diggs if you can get a good return?

I think Treadwell has looked good, and could really step up if he was actually given real playing time.

A lineup of Thielen, Treadwell, Wright, Floyd, Coley and Adams is still excellent.

Trading Diggs before we need to sign him to a big contract would really help free up money for all the defensive players.

Probably a bad idea since Diggs can get downfield effectively. Haven't seen that from Floyd or Treadwell yet in this offense and he draws a lot of attention away from Thielen. 

Treadwell and Floyd are pretty similar players. Diggs is unique. If a team wanted Diggs for what Brandin Cooks got, I might consider it.  

12 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Our offense is working well at the moment and Thielen is the star, but a unit (the offense as a whole in this case) completely changes if one player (Diggs in this case) is removed. Thielen is getting the opportunities he is, in part, because of Diggs' presence on the other side of the field. Treadwell/Floyd/etc would not provide Thielen this luxury. With the current personnel, our offense is the best it's been since 2009; I'd hate to change too much. And I don't even want to think about our passing attack if we traded Diggs and then Thielen had an extensive injury.

But I would move him for the right compensation solely because, as you note, we need to retain as much of our defense as possible. The defense is the heart of Minnesota. Truly, I want to keep most of our defensive starters for as long as we can. If we could Diggs for a 1st + 3rd/4th (never going to happen, but that's what it'd take for me) to gain the ability to resign players like Barr, Waynes, and Hunter... then I would say ok.

So, this feature is now two weeks old, but it's a very good (and long) read on one Adam Thielen:

http://mag.bleacherreport.com/welcome-to-the-adam-thielen-experience/

So during those early, high-stakes days with the Vikings, he never panicked. When the Vikings and Bengals held joint practices in August 2016 and Pacman Jones and Dre Kirkpatrick refused to line up against Thielen in one-on-ones, he simply stored the slight in his memory. They wanted to face “dawgs,” not this chump.

“They wanted,” says Thielen, making quote marks in the air, “a ‘challenge.’ That’s the kind of stuff that still motivates me. Pushes me. I’m sure there’s guys out there thinking, ‘This guy’s not that good.’ So I use that to keep getting better and keep pushing myself.”

Part of the weekly routine—day in, day out—is never forgetting such disrespect.

Just now, Klomp said:

So, this feature is now two weeks old, but it's a very good (and long) read on one Adam Thielen:

So during those early, high-stakes days with the Vikings, he never panicked. When the Vikings and Bengals held joint practices in August 2016 and Pacman Jones and Dre Kirkpatrick refused to line up against Thielen in one-on-ones, he simply stored the slight in his memory. They wanted to face “dawgs,” not this chump.

“They wanted,” says Thielen, making quote marks in the air, “a ‘challenge.’ That’s the kind of stuff that still motivates me. Pushes me. I’m sure there’s guys out there thinking, ‘This guy’s not that good.’ So I use that to keep getting better and keep pushing myself.”

3 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Not saying Thielen is soft....but some of him "injuries" in the game you see him thriving in pain while on the field.....and then comes back in perfectly fine 2 plays later.

Not sure if you call that "soft" for a little bit of silly salmon on the field, or if he is actually toughing stuff out.

Think you meant writhing in pain ;)

15 hours ago, Klomp said:

I somehow love Adam Thielen even more after reading that article. If I could afford a new Vikings jersey, I would get his.

Combined, Thielen and Diggs have 136 catches on 210 targets (65 percent completion percentage) for 1,915 yards and 10 touchdowns. They have made up 56 percent of the Vikings total passing game. Pro Football Focus ranks Thielen ninth and Diggs as the 17th best receivers in the league.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/12/versatility-making-stefon-diggs-adam-thielen-unstoppable/

On 12/15/2017 at 8:58 PM, Heimdallr said:

It really depends on if the coaches think Treadwell or someone else is capable of stepping up. I don’t think we’ve seen enough of Treadwell as fans to make that assumption.

Archived