Titans Head Coaching Search 2018

KingTitan

I'm surprised George Edwards hasn't been mentioned... Vikes D has been outstanding.

Reich was also mentioned briefly... And the belief is there that ye could come in a combo package with Defillipo (PFT).

I expect at least one of those 2 guys to be interviewed next week. 

I had also mentioned the whole coordinator "tampering" thing earlier... And PFT has also acknowledged it :

Technically, teams looking to hire head coaches can’t hire assistant coaches from other teams that are still playing until those teams are finished playing. But technically doesn’t matter; more and more often, teams have a wink-nod deal with their next head coach while he’s still employed as an assistant coach with another team...

So what will the league do about what amounts to a violation of the rules? Not a thing. Until, of course, a team is sufficiently indiscreet or blatant to prompt the NFL to choose to suddenly enforce a rule that is being routinely ignored. Or until the league simply decides for whatever reason to bust a team.

LaFleur 's possible DCs:

Lou Spanos as his DC could be something.  Spanos was  LB coach in Washington with him, Spanos is currently our LB coach.
Jim Haslett who was DC in Washington when he was there. Haslett is in Cincy as LB coach. 
Raheem Morris DB Coach in Washington has HC experience.

The thing about him also is he might not have the connections to call on guys for defense. I'm sure he can bring in some offensive guys, but if he is the hire. I think he'd need Lou Spanos at the least for any connections he has...and that made me think of Jim Mora Jr. Because Spanos was DC at UCLA for Mora Jr. Maybe he keeps Spanos as LB coach and brings in Mora Jr. as DC?

Not my wish list, just thinking out loud. 

19 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Regarding LaFleur.....his creativity and mind would be a main reason why he is brought in...

I’m on board wit LaFleur because I wanted Kyle Shanahan as a HC few years back. I always been a fan of the shanahan offense, to me Kyle Shanahan, Sean Payton, Josh McDaniels & Andy Reid are the best Offensive minds in the game.

Lafleur track record wit QBs is impressive 

13 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Some college coaches outside of the obvious Shaw, I wouldn't mind them checking in with would be....
Pat Fitzgerald-Northwestern
Paul Chryst- Wisconsin ( @titans0021 ) any thoughts about that being a Wisconsin guy? lol
Chris Peterson- Washington

I really like Paul Chryst, not sure he's a NFL guy. He's a pretty relaxed, boring guy. I'd love him as an offensive coordinator, but I think he's pretty much at his dream job right now. Born in Madison, played at Wisconsin, was a TE coach and an OC at Wisconsin. Couldn't see him leaving for anything other than a NFL head coaching job, and I think that's a little over his head.

• Like 1

Just now, titans0021 said:

I really like Paul Chryst, not sure he's a NFL guy. He's a pretty relaxed, boring guy. I'd love him as an offensive coordinator, but I think he's pretty much at his dream job right now. Born in Madison, played at Wisconsin, was a TE coach and an OC at Wisconsin. Couldn't see him leaving for anything other than a NFL head coaching job, and I think that's a little over his head.

That's the impression I got reading. 
A fan of Wisconsin's offense. What ours should have looked like.....but that's history now..lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

That's the impression I got reading. 
A fan of Wisconsin's offense. What ours should have looked like.....but that's history now..lol

Agreed on that last point. The one year he's called plays with a good quarterback (the Russell Wilson year) had some of the best play calling I've seen at any level. And, in general, I'm usually overly critical of offensive coordinators. It was exotic smashmouth, but in the way we all dreamed of it being, not in the way that was openly mocked. If he was still coaching at Pittsburgh (the college), I'd be drooling over the idea of bringing him in as an OC.

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I could see Robinson asking LeBeau to stick around if we hire Vrabel or any of the young offensive minds.

Especially he decides on LaFleur. It would be perfect for him. Young guy with Ol' Lebeau easing him in.....Keeping also Spanos or someone that would be a successor to the position.

5 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Grimm, Eason and Spanos are all good with me to stay. Wouldn't hate LeBeau staying either but would rather get a younger mind at DC.

Anyone know who the guy is that LeBeau talks to during the game. There is a guy that he talks to and calls a play in to the guys. Who is that guy. I would think he is someone worthy of being a DC.