Nacho Simulation Football League (S15 - Taco Bowl XV POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

37 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Looking to acquire an OT and a pass rusher. I have plenty of picks to spend.

I have both 

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

3-1 is still a good start, but my god that playcalling in the second half...

Full rant will be coming later this morning.

Overall, good game @ravens5520.

But I have some serious issues with the playcalling.

Last drive play calling was atrocious 

• Like 1

Q3, 13:58, 3rd & 3 on the BAL 47: Carson Palmer has no time due to Marshal Yanda missing a block, and gets sacked by Terrell Suggs for a loss of 6 yards. Fumble on the play, recovered by Joe Staley, who runs for 15 yards. 

This deserved its own post. When you see some **** like this happen, you can't help but feel like the game is stacked against you.

• Like 1

Q3, 1:37, 3rd & 2 on the RJ 43: Isaiah Crowell rushes to the outside for a gain of 1 yard. Tackle made by Brandon J. Williams.
Q3, 1:03, 4th & 1 on the RJ 44: Brett Kern's punt landed in the endzone, Touchback. 

62 offensive aggression,  would have preferred to keep the drive going but Kern was punting godlike so I understand.

What followed was 3 consecutive 3 and outs.

Q4, 13:54, 3rd & 6 on the RJ 39: Derek Carr throws incomplete to the outside. Micah Hyde on the coverage. 
Q4, 13:48, 4th & Goal on the RJ 39: Brett Kern's punt downed by the Rio de Janeiro Pirates for 60 yards.

Q4, 8:43, 3rd & 9 on the RJ 19: Isaiah Crowell rushes up the middle for a gain of 2 yards. Tackle made by Joe Schobert.
Q4, 8:03, 4th & 7 on the RJ 21: Brett Kern's punt fair caught by Robert Woods for 53 yards.

Q4, 5:34, 3rd & 2 on the RJ 28: Isaiah Crowell rushes to the outside for a gain of 1 yard. Tackle made by Brandon J. Williams.
Q4, 4:54, 4th & 1 on the RJ 29: Brett Kern's punt fair caught by Robert Woods for 44 yards.

First one was a punt for 60 yards, downed at the one. No complaints.

But 3 consecutive drives? A run on 3rd and 7? I mean props to the Ravens defense but holy smokes, combine that with the fumble sack conversion on 3rd down was enough to frustrate me.

But then this:

Q4, 0:50, 1st & Goal on the BAL 9: Isaiah Crowell rushes up the middle for a gain of 3 yards. Tackle made by Brandon J. Williams.
Q4, 0:36, 2nd & Goal on the BAL 6: Derek Carr has no time due to Andrew Whitworth missing a block, and gets sacked by Melvin Ingram for a loss of 7 yards. 
Q4, 0:17, 3rd & Goal on the BAL 13: Derek Carr scrambles for 5 yards. Tackle made by Joe Schobert.
End of game.

First off, Carr engineered a remarkable drive starting on our 11 with just over 3 minutes left.

But that segment is perhaps the most retarded I've ever witnessed for an end of game scenario in the redzone. I get that we have time to run. But it is 62-38 pass-run offense with 62 aggressiveness in a game with 7 points down and under a minute. Do not understand the first down run. Completely baffled by the second down, though I'll chalk that up to the SIM engine giving a team a "super play" like that earlier fumble play.

But on 3rd down, and 13 to go, a pocket passer with perhaps 3 legit scrambles all season, takes off for 5 yards? I can die with a fumble or interception or incomplete. But that was basically blatantly giving the Ravens a W.

3-1 ain't a bad start, but this game should have not ended the way it did. And frankly I do not know what can be done without overly compensating with passing and aggressiveness, which if it gets higher will inevitably backfire earlier in games.

Pretty frustrated. If the Ravens got the ball and marched down the field in OT, so be it. But between the fumble sack 3rd down conversion, having to sit and watch 3 straight 3 and outs, and then efficiently drive 80 yards to witness that... well, it speaks for itself.

2 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Q4, 0:16, 1st & 10 on the SA 31: Jordan Howard rushes up the middle for a gain of 1 yard. Tackle made by Haloti Ngata.
End of game.

Miami edges out South Africa in nail-biter
Score: MIA 32, SA 30

Really? Really? REALLY?!

Okay, you may have a stronger case than mine for 'worst way to finish a game in Week 4'. At a minimum it should have been a pass attempt. I'm moreso shocked that you are within FG range and not kicking the FG.

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Okay, you may have a stronger case than mine for 'worst way to finish a game in Week 4'. At a minimum it should have been a pass attempt. I'm moreso shocked that you are within FG range and not kicking the FG.

He was at his own 31, not the opponent's 31.