Nacho Simulation Football League (S15 - Taco Bowl XV POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Also if Matt Bryant can't win a game MVP with the kind of performance that he put on for that game, a kicker will never be able to win it.

Matt Bryant: 6 of 6 (100.00%, 51 LNG) field goals. 2 of 2 extra points. 2 touchbacks.

Crosby saved me as well 

12 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Also if Matt Bryant can't win a game MVP with the kind of performance that he put on for that game, a kicker will never be able to win it.

Matt Bryant: 6 of 6 (100.00%, 51 LNG) field goals. 2 of 2 extra points. 2 touchbacks.

Kicker MVPs usually only really happen in a game where the winning offense has almost no touchdowns, and/or the players with touchdowns/bulk yardage ended up commiting a few negative plays as well (fumbles, interceptions, etc.)

42 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:
56 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Kicker MVPs usually only really happen in a game where the winning offense has almost no touchdowns, and/or the players with touchdowns/bulk yardage ended up commiting a few negative plays as well (fumbles, interceptions, etc.)

MVP: Rob Gronkowski

Rob Gronkowski: 12 receptions for 150 yards (12.50 YPR, 19 LNG), 0 touchdowns.

Gronk had a good game, but I was surprised he got the MVP due to no touchdowns. Demaryius had 12 for 112 and a TD, Carr had some pretty good stats too (though I guess only 1 TD sank him). Makes sense what you are saying though. Regardless, going 6-of-6, including the game winner with under 30 seconds, makes Bryant the MVP in my book.

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

MVP: Rob Gronkowski

Rob Gronkowski: 12 receptions for 150 yards (12.50 YPR, 19 LNG), 0 touchdowns.

Gronk had a good game, but I was surprised he got the MVP due to no touchdowns. Demaryius had 12 for 112 and a TD, Carr had some pretty good stats too (though I guess only 1 TD sank him). Makes sense what you are saying though. Regardless, going 6-of-6, including the game winner with under 30 seconds, makes Bryant the MVP in my book.

Admittedly, the formula that decides MVPs lack any sort of context, favoring bulk stats instead.

Also don't forget about that Gronk pancake! :P

18 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Brady has been playing spotty, up and down each week.

We'll see if that continues.

You're at home and I'm historically bad away. I'm just hoping for a competitive game from my squad.

It's been a rough sim year for my team. Nothing ever goes right and I get shredded like crazy. how is scrubby arse Darious jag homer

putting up better stats. And don't tell me sim sliders. He's the best got damm player in the league. Dude should be a 200 overall.. 

10 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Is aaron donald ever going to do anything besides tackle? 

8 minutes ago, El ramster said:

It's been a rough sim year for my team. Nothing ever goes right and I get shredded like crazy. how is scrubby arse Darious jag homer

putting up better stats. And don't tell me sim sliders. He's the best got damm player in the league. Dude should be a 200 overall.. 

Probably means you shouldn't tag him. Again.

• Like 1

Gotta say, my squad doesn't put up the pretty stat padding for individual players, and the net point differential is only 3 (with a 4-1 record... clearly not sustainable), but some of my team's stats I just love.

Offense
33/81 3rd downs (40.74%)
2/2 4th downs
5 total giveaways (1 per game)
Time of possession: 54.58%
6 sacks allowed

Defense
Per rush 3.90
18/62 3rd downs (29.03%)

Just need to figure out a better way to stop the pass (67.70% completion, 103.97 passer rating) and limit chunk plays that lead to scoring, but overall I like how my defensive unit as a whole is having success. Would like to see more pass rush out of Casey and Smith for sure, but if they can get rolling the whole defense will improve.

Offensively, doing the best I can with what I had available in the draft for the running game, Crowell seems to be solid if unspectacular. The offense runs through Carr though, and while I love the drives he leads the offense on, I would like to see more touchdowns rather than settling for field goals.

14 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

1-4 woof

losses by 3, 3, 9, and 1

Not sure which way I should go from here

14 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I'm not used to a team that doesn't have a Godly offense

Andrew Luck is struggling with his completions so far this season (56.60%), which is slowing down your offense and time of possession substantially (Only 45.39% TOP). David Johnson is dominating for you, 4.90 ypc on 112 carries (even after getting shut down this past game) yet you only giving him roughly 32% of the offensive touches (40 run chance, 80 RB1 chance). He's had 119 total touches (rushing and receiving) out of 312 snaps (QB passing, QB rushing, running back rushes) which comes out to 38% right now, but if I were you, I'd try to get him more involved. Granted, not sure how that would necessarily work out if he was given more snaps and whether your OL can handle it, but your defense is left out on the field an awful lot right now. Could also try to be less aggressive to rely on less risky pass attempts in an effort to sustain those drives longer.

But as a division rival I am pleased to see this happen :P

Edited by RuskieTitan