OG Jack Mewhort

636094736478682798-101-ColtsEagles-MK.JP

DL Jay Bromley

kS5H_Fnu_200x200.jpg

2018 NFL DRAFT

2018-NFL-Draft-Logo-678x381.png

Round 1- LB Tremaine Edmunds Va Tech

59cc2887aae85.image.jpg?resize=1200,1492

Fit with GB: Pettine will use him in various roles; inside, outside, you name it. Dude will be freakin 19 years old on Draft day, love the upside.

Round 2- CB Jaire Alexander Louisville

Jaire+Alexander+Louisville+v+Clemson+ucWadnLbpo_l.jpg

Deshaun_INT_1_vs_Louiville_Angle_3.gif

louisville.gif

Fit with GB: Day 1 starter opposite Kevin King with Randall in the slot. Physical, press CB, can run, has all of the tools necessary to be a starting caliber corner. Added bonus is that he can return punts as well.

*Trade up, give up 2 5ths for late 4th rd pick.

Round 3- DL Rasheem Green USC

GettyImages-500147224-copy-copy.jpg?w=916&h=720

Fit with GB: Has the raw untapped potential to be an All-Pro disruptive force, just really, really raw. Would love to see what Pettine/Graham could mold him into. Worth the shot at this point in the Draft, pure upside dart throw. Fits into the DL rotation, gives another inside pass rush presence along with Daniels & the sack master Kenny Clark.

Round 3- OT Tyrell Crosby Oregon

df6c33b1b6952b17e0116f4a1e6d060c

Fit with GB: Highest rated pass blocking grade in the PAC 12 according to PFF, FWIW. Insurance for Bulaga, who will almost certainly miss the beginning of the season. Pretty obvious Spriggs isn't reliable at this point but even so, we need more depth along the OL, specifically at OT. McCray was serviceable there but he's much better suited inside.

Round 4- LB Olasunkanmi Adeniyi Toledo

'DQOm_eqXcAAsToy.jpg

Fit with GB: Fell in love with this kid while watching MACtion, explosive dynamic pass rusher. I know his size will turn some people away but that doesn't bother me, think he'll find a way to get it done. Will slide into our LB rotation, situational pass rusher to begin.

Round 4- WR Korey Robertson So Miss

DSk1VivVAAERquj.jpg

Fit with GB: Typical TT WR. Good hands, YAC, quick, solid route runner, should immediately be our #4 assuming Jordy is back.

Round 5- S Tre Flowers Oklahoma State

maxresdefault.jpg

Fit with GB: Great size. Productive player at OK State, solid all around safety prospect. Will definitely slide in on STs to start but has the upside to be a starter at some point, at worst fit into the rotation.

Round 5- QB Riley Ferguson Memphis

09032016_Memphis_SEMO_JM2023.JPG

Fit with GB: Gunslinger. Has the tools, needs some refining. Has some red flags that need to be checked out but we'll do our due diligence. Will battle with Hundley for #2 job, will have to carry 3 QBs next year if he has a strong camp.

*Too early to start projecting 7th round picks but figure another couple OL, TE or CB. Don't get too hung up on where I had guys pegged to get drafted, more so about the prospects itself that I like. Any feedback is appreciated.

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You need to spend some more money man.

Bromley and Mewhort are JAGs that aren't going to cost. 

Not gonna speak bad of Edmunds or the other rushers until we see them in shorts.

Really like the draft with the exception of Ferguson. Just don't see an NFL game. 

Was debating that but just have no idea how Gute will approach FA. Picked Mewhort & Bromley based off their connections to Philbin/Graham. Mewhort looked like a potential Pro Bowl lineman before the knee injuries struck, hoping that's behind him. Bromley has showed some starter traits as well. Hear ya though, upgrade Mewhort to Norwell in your mind lol.

Just now, gopackgo27 said:

Was debating that but just have no idea how Gute will approach FA. Picked Mewhort & Bromley based off their connections to Philbin/Graham. Mewhort looked like a potential Pro Bowl lineman before the knee injuries struck, hoping that's behind him. Bromley has showed some starter traits as well. Hear ya though, upgrade Mewhort to Norwell in your mind lol.

That is so much worse. 

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That is so much worse. 

Not in love with this FA class considering what our needs are, just don't see many great fits. At TE, sure Graham (think he's going back to NO) & Eifert are appealing but limited pool there. Sheldon Richardson would be nice but would be surprised if he doesn't resign. Guard is the only position I see us genuinely upgrading, WR possibly depending on what happens w/ Jordy/Cobb. Not in love with the FA CB class, no way we'll find good value there.

23 minutes ago, gopackgo27 said:

Not in love with this FA class considering what our needs are, just don't see many great fits. At TE, sure Graham (think he's going back to NO) & Eifert are appealing but limited pool there. Sheldon Richardson would be nice but would be surprised if he doesn't resign. Guard is the only position I see us genuinely upgrading, WR possibly depending on what happens w/ Jordy/Cobb. Not in love with the FA CB class, no way we'll find good value there.

I'd rather take it into next year than pay elite guard money.

I don't see Jay Bromley making a team that already has Clark, Daniels, Dial, Lowry, Adams, Green on it.

You should have some extra money to begin with, I'd use that on a vet CB. Without bringing House back your vets are Rollins and Randall, that's a scary thought.

Love the draft. Edmunds is Anthony Barr, Alexander reminds me of Hayward and Green is a guy who could move into the top 50 with a good combine. 

Don't like Eifert, injured too much and will be too expensive. Cheaper 2nd tier guys available. Would sign a WR FA before another dline guy as well. Green Bay is going to need some new blood in their wideouts and the draft won't bring immediate help.

I like your first 2 picks a lot! Don't like Green that high. Would prefer Deadrin Senat from USF. He's a short NT that so far hasn't been blocked in either the bowl game against Texas Tech or at the Shrine Bowl. He seems to be a Casey Hampton clone. The Packer's dline would be magnificent with Clark/Daniels/Senat.....

Also like Brandon Parker, OT from NC A&T. He's 6-7, 320+ pounds and can move. He could be the Pack's other third round pick.

A WR in the 6-7 round would be Brandon Shed, 6-4 and 197 lbs. (From Hobart, a lacrosse buddy told me about him) Kid runs like a deer and catches the ball with his hands. A little like Janis, but can catch the ball away from his body and runs better routes. Still doubt he could contribute right away but in year 2-3 would be a force. 

The QB I see Green Bay liking is Mike White from WKY. He's very accurate and has only been a QB since his senior year in HS. Not sure how high this guy goes if he kills it at the Combine/Pro days. 

The draft is sensible. Personally I prefer Bradley Chubb but I certainly can get behind your pick. I don't like drafting another CB either, but wouldn't mind that particular player(thanks for the GIF's). Splitting hairs, I'd shake up the last few picks. Not a Ferguson fan, don't think we need another Safety.

Not a fan of Mewhort, but Bromley would be some decent depth. Eifert may retire given his back issues; big red flag to me. 

Like the draft, its a good start. 

Edmunds is an interesting prospect, I'm interested to see how he grades out athletically.  Not my favorite prospect as he wasn't an overly dominate pass rusher in College but he could have the tools. 

Love the Alexander pick.  If he runs well he could be an end of first round pick. 

39 minutes ago, Joe said:

The draft is sensible. Personally I prefer Bradley Chubb but I certainly can get behind your pick. I don't like drafting another CB either, but wouldn't mind that particular player(thanks for the GIF's). Splitting hairs, I'd shake up the last few picks. Not a Ferguson fan, don't think we need another Safety.

Not a fan of Mewhort, but Bromley would be some decent depth. Eifert may retire given his back issues; big red flag to me. 

I think everyone likes Chubb more lol but he isn't going to be available at 14 barring a Laremy Tunsil draft day video

3 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I think everyone likes Chubb more lol but he isn't going to be available at 14 barring a Laremy Tunsil draft day video

Ya never know. Da'Quan Bowers was a surefire #1 pick a few years ago and went in the 2nd. Guys fall sometimes.

Archived