NFL News & Notes

Leader

On 5/28/2023 at 7:51 AM, Packerraymond said:

So Davante Adams would probably be a better front office for the Raiders than their actual front office huh?

Did anyone think this wasn’t the case haha

But to be fair to the Raiders front office… Adams was also dumb enough to pick the raiders as the team he wanted to go to. So he might not have the best judgement either.

• Like 1

Shanny is likely one of the top strategic coaches in the league. He also seems like an a hole who absolutely will push the line on how hard he can go in every situation. I hope it continues to haunt him with “almost there” results. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 11:53 PM, incognito_man said:

If you find yourself relying on Cleveland to support your stance, it's time to re-evaluate your stance.

*Also, again you're comparing apples and hand grenades. GB couldn't have gotten Z two years ago for the paycheck that Cleveland is giving him.

They should have given him Preston's paycheck.  That is and has been the point.

Today's cleveland is a decently run organization.  Honestly there are fewer and fewer god-awful front offices anymore.  Raiders still take the cake though.

2 hours ago, Refugee said:

Shanny is likely one of the top strategic coaches in the league. He also seems like an a hole who absolutely will push the line on how hard he can go in every situation. I hope it continues to haunt him with “almost there” results. 

Hell, I want him to lose a draft pick over it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

They should have given him Preston's paycheck.  That is and has been the point.

Today's cleveland is a decently run organization.  Honestly there are fewer and fewer god-awful front offices anymore.  Raiders still take the cake though.

Bears? Texans? Commanders? Falcons? Cardinals? Those immediately come to mind. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

Bears? Texans? Commanders? Falcons? Cardinals? Those immediately come to mind. 

Yeah, I agree those are well below the curve.  I just don't see the same idiotic moves and all-in plays from teams who aren't even close to contention like I used to.

The bears played this draft trade down really nicely. 

The Falcons spent cap and drafted a RB high, but they at least have a theory and a plan about the NFL.  Could be wrong, could be right and pay off.

Commanders have a bad owner but idk that they are any better or worse than most teams as far as team building.  

Cardinals have screwed the pooch but are making amends now it seems.

Don't like what the Texans paid for that trade up, but the rest of their moves are fine and jive with a plan to build for 2025 and beyond.

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

Yeah, I agree those are well below the curve.  I just don't see the same idiotic moves and all-in plays from teams who aren't even close to contention like I used to.

The bears played this draft trade down really nicely. 

The Falcons spent cap and drafted a RB high, but they at least have a theory and a plan about the NFL.  Could be wrong, could be right and pay off.

Commanders have a bad owner but idk that they are any better or worse than most teams as far as team building.  

Cardinals have screwed the pooch but are making amends now it seems.

Don't like what the Texans paid for that trade up, but the rest of their moves are fine and jive with a plan to build for 2025 and beyond.

The Bears gave up pick 33 for Chase Claypool and went all in on Justin Fields when they could have had the kid from Alabama. They traded down and still could have taken the best player in the draft in Carter but instead took a RT. They are truly a **** show IMO.

Falcons, we'll see how Bijan pans out but they have a horrid history of failure. 

Commanders and team building don't belong in the same sentence. Look at how badly they've botched the QB position for, I don't know how many years.

Cardinals are praying for the #1 pick overall next year. They are also praying Caleb WIlliams doesn't suddenly forget how to play quarterback. 

You could probably add the Cowboys to the list for giving first, Elliott then Prescott those deals. Both were stupid, desperate moves. 

On 5/31/2023 at 2:36 PM, Green19 said:

Did anyone think this wasn’t the case haha

But to be fair to the Raiders front office… Adams was also dumb enough to pick the raiders as the team he wanted to go to. So he might not have the best judgement either.

ya Adams was a goof not to realize the Raiders would dump the best QB the team has had since Snake Stabler the year after they paid 30 mil. to him when Carr coaxed him to come and play with him lol.

I do tend to agree though, the Raiders where a head scratcher for me when it happened.

55 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm not convinced that Dalvin Cook would make any NFL team better for what he would cost.

His first year, Vikes take the cap hit and his new team could keep the number manageable. He wants to go to Miami or to Buffalo where his brother plays.