NFL News & Notes

Leader

8 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

I agree that the Eagles giving Hurts that contract is gonna hurt them in the future, but they are in a far better spot then the Niners. Niners lack of draft capital the last few years is gonna come back to bite them hard. The Trey Lance trade was a disaster that's gonna set them back years. Last year was their chance to win with going all in on CMC and Bosa on a rookie contract.

-CMC is a year older and contract is inflated

-They don't have a franchise QB. I'm not high on Purdy and he didn't have much arm strength before the Tommy John surgery. Someone fact check me but I believe only 3 QBs have gotten the same injury he had so jury is still out on him.

-They lost the best DC in the league and replaced him with Wilks

-Kittle is injury prone and his playstyle isn't gonna lead him to a long career. When he plays he's great, how many more seasons of his prime does he have?

-Deebo is injury prone and is way less of a weapon now after his contract with them using him almost strictly as a WR

-Nick Bosa is currently holding out and the contract he gets is gonna be in the 5 yr, 167.5m ball park range according to PFF. They're gonna lose a lot of pieces after he inks that deal.

-Their OL besides Trent Williams is a bunch of JAGs. Trent Williams is a top 3 LT at minimum but how much longer does he have?

I'm not high on the Niners at all and think they're gonna find themselves in a position similar to us in 2023 when their win now moves the past few years finally come back to bite them 

Craig Erickson and Jake Delhomme are the only QBs to have gotten it from what I've seen, so you are likely correct.

The biggest issue for the 49ers is they're very top heavy in terms of their depth chart. A lot of good starters but will be in for a bad time as they get into that depth chart. I don't think they're in trouble for this season IF Purdy is competent, but there are some definite obstacles in front of them.

On 8/27/2023 at 12:36 PM, PackFan13 said:

Yeah, the experts sure seemed to agree with you on draft day. Musgrave isn't near the player that Kincaid is. I do hope he turns into a stud but that's a statement no one in their right mind was saying going into the draft.

Man, it's so tough to tell.

I don't know what Kincaid has done in Buffalo camp, but I've been really impressed with Musgrave so far.

You know I really liked Kincaid coming out.  

But Musgrave has "it" to produce in this league.  And I feel like he's going to produce right away and get ahead of that learning curve.  Course, not having anyone in front of him on the depth chart is going to help those stats.  Kincaid is going to fighting for reps with Knox, right?

Long way of saying this....I'm quite happy with Musgrave.

19 hours ago, Striker said:

Craig Erickson and Jake Delhomme are the only QBs to have gotten it from what I've seen, so you are likely correct.

The biggest issue for the 49ers is they're very top heavy in terms of their depth chart. A lot of good starters but will be in for a bad time as they get into that depth chart. I don't think they're in trouble for this season IF Purdy is competent, but there are some definite obstacles in front of them.

What did Chad Pennington have?  He had a weak arm, then hurt his arm, and came back with an even weaker arm.  

19 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Man, it's so tough to tell.

I don't know what Kincaid has done in Buffalo camp, but I've been really impressed with Musgrave so far.

You know I really liked Kincaid coming out.  

But Musgrave has "it" to produce in this league.  And I feel like he's going to produce right away and get ahead of that learning curve.  Course, not having anyone in front of him on the depth chart is going to help those stats.  Kincaid is going to fighting for reps with Knox, right?

Long way of saying this....I'm quite happy with Musgrave.

I razzed Kincaid just because it was 13's guy.  Honestly haven't paid any attention to him since.

But so far, I have no complaints with Musgrave.  

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

WOW.  I thought Zappe has just as much to offer as Jones.  And I really liked the route that Cunningham ran to draw DPI against Vallentine in week 2.  Nothing Vallentine could do about it.  

He's waiting for McGoo on waivers. Might also claim the kid the Cowboys waived after trading for Lance. 

Edited by Old Guy