NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Players get suspended for betting on games. What do owners get for fraud and racketeering? 

they get to run to social media and scream about witch hunts and evil persecutions then spend another 21 years running clock on appeals processes before people come to terms that they are just ****** human beings

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Should have extended Gary prior to this.

It's nice to know we have some leverage with LVN, Enagbare, P Smith, Hollins, Cox and probably 3 picks in the top 50 next year.     On the flip side - that's a lot of incentive for RG to ball out, prove he's healthy and get his own bag

7 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

It's nice to know we have some leverage with LVN, Enagbare, P Smith, Hollins, Cox and probably 3 picks in the top 50 next year.     On the flip side - that's a lot of incentive for RG to ball out, prove he's healthy and get his own bag

I don't think you have that much leverage. He's a top 10 ER and you don't walk away from that. He's gonna get 30M+ per year.

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You do if the value surplus makes sense to do so. Also, he doesn't "walk away" in a tag n trade situation. You control the destination and the return.

I understand that, but there's an extra value on keeping guys like Gary. Works as hard as anyone, team 1st type of guy, and a guy who has improved every year he's played. When you have that on a pro bowl level player in the most important position you have to keep it inside the building. We did it with Aaron Jones for a reason. They'd have to offer a minimum of 2 1sts from a bad team to even consider it, and that's not gonna happen.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

I understand that, but there's an extra value on keeping guys like Gary. Works as hard as anyone, team 1st type of guy, and a guy who has improved every year he's played. When you have that on a pro bowl level player in the most important position you have to keep it inside the building. We did it with Aaron Jones for a reason. They'd have to offer a minimum of 2 1sts from a bad team to even consider it, and that's not gonna happen.

I love Gary and I agree with all of this and it'd be a total no-brainer to keep him if the guys behind him don't crush it. But if they do, there's a chance it could make sense to work with Gary at sending him somewhere he is happy at and get reasonable (and good) compensation in return. 

There's a ton of value in having 3 really good EDGE, so it's unlikely this happens, BUT if we have a wealth of talent at position, I stand by my statement this could be a rare tag n trade situation that makes sense.

2 hours ago, Kampfgeist said:

When Gary has the type of year he's going to have, 15 sacks and dominating, you tell me about leverage. LOL! Smith is likely gone after this year. Also, you pay the man his money. The sooner we do it the cheaper it will be.