NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Like I said in another response to Leader, I do realize he meant nothing nefarious by it and was trying to pick Bill's brain, but the wording just rubbed me the wrong way since there are people who say that sort of **** and are 100% serious.

True, there are a lot of Uncle Ricos out there

19 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Enagbare might be Smith's replacement, but none of them are close to the talent of Gary. Only a fool would espouse we trade Gary for a FRP. He's not going to be 26 years old until December 3rd. 

You trade Gary and release Smith after this year. The latter is likely, you turn a position of strength into a complete unknown and likely a weakness.  

It's absolutely asinine to suggest we might do that. Your whole argument is based on, "I didn't like the pick so we have to trade him so I can be right!"

Guess what, I hated the pick, but am smart enough to admit when I was wrong and get on board with a dynamic player, we are lucky to have. 

why release Smith, your assuming he'll be so bad we need to, we could extend him at a reasonable cost and he'd be a fine rotator, I also expect a quicker rise to starter then we got from Gary, he simply looks more ready to play then Gary did 4 years ago, same with Brooks and Wooden, and imo Enagbare is starter material.

you accuse me of wanting to dump Gary because I didn't like the pick, no, I want to dump him only if he wants top positional money, or that like so many before him he wont be the same player he was prior to the injury, It's why I want to wait till the trade deadline to pay him or trade him if his game isn't the same, imo thats the wise thing to do.

I wasn't wrong, no way I'd pick Gary in a do over of that draft, specially afforded the hind sight we have now, your enamored over a edge rusher that has produced for 1.5 season on his rookie contract, albeit at a high level, but now we'll have to pay big hoping that 1.5 wasn't a fluke, or that he doesn't BJ Raji us after we do pay him, that and the knee has me leary about paying him.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Media will always go by the maximum dollar amount as opposed to the $/year average. It's much simpler and hits a little harder in the minds of the readers.

It's still funny that most of the record-breaking contracts in history are to players who are either just waiting to get their first titles, or in the case of Hockenson, a bit too overrated right now.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Did they forget about this guy? 

Chiefs sign Patrick Mahomes to largest contract in sports history | Yardbarker

Final Patrick Mahomes’ deal: 10-year extension worth up to $503 million. It includes $477 in guarantee mechanisms and the ability for Mahomes to have outs if guarantee mechanisms aren’t exercised. Mahomes was represented on the deal by and .