NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

5 strikes and you’re out?  I dunno why they let him slide so many times. Why were all the other WRs on his team lined up correctly yet this guy is historically bad at it?  Does he have that poor of depth perception?  Does he need contacts?  Or is he just that aloof or obtuse?

If we saw him lining up offsides this many times and not getting flagged for it when we played them, we’d be mad at the refs lol. 

I'm glad they called it and lost. The way the acted about it was ridiculous. It is just also annoying they waited that long to do it if it was so obvious etcetc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

5 strikes and you’re out?  I dunno why they let him slide so many times. Why were all the other WRs on his team lined up correctly yet this guy is historically bad at it?  Does he have that poor of depth perception?  Does he need contacts?  Or is he just that aloof or obtuse?

If we saw him lining up offsides this many times and not getting flagged for it when we played them, we’d be mad at the refs lol. 

I think the last one was the most egregious looking. Maybe because he has a defender lined up closer opposite him and they overlapped. If you see players overlapping like that, it's impossible to not throw a flag.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I agree with this.

Technically - KC doesnt have a leg to stand on. He was *clearly* offsides - got flagged. Too bad.
But - his having done it multiple times without anything - no warning - no flag - no nothing?

I'd be pissed too....again, not because the Refs wrong to flag him....but it cost us the game.

Oh well. Too bad KC. Moving on....

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

Orlovsky seems like he's on kcs side?

I didn't take it like that but he does show how Toney messed up multiple times and the refs didn’t call any of them except the last one. Which begs the point… if Toney lined up egregiously offsides on his very first snap, why didn’t they call that one?  Bcuz it prolly sets the tone for the entire game and doesn’t happen again. 

And tbh this feels as much about the officiating in last week’s game vs us as this game. Like when someone is mad at somebody else when they feel wronged and then take it out on someone else lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brat&Beer said:

Isn't there the possibility that only the last one was egregious and the others were borderline which is why they let those go? I haven't seen Orlovsky's report, so I don't know if that's what he found.   

Check out his tweet on the last page. Toney’s very first snap was just as egregious. If they had called that one, I doubt it happens again. But who knows with Toney lol. 

Guessing Andy Reid thinks he has a 32" waist too. 

Earlier Monday, Chiefs coach Andy Reid said that Toney did not check with the sideline official to make sure he was lined up correctly. Asked what his coaching advice to Toney will be this week, Reid said, "Just make sure you check, make sure you check with the guy on the side just to see if you're aligned ... He was 2 inches away from or an inch from being legal.''

44 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Guessing Andy Reid thinks he has a 32" waist too. 

Earlier Monday, Chiefs coach Andy Reid said that Toney did not check with the sideline official to make sure he was lined up correctly. Asked what his coaching advice to Toney will be this week, Reid said, "Just make sure you check, make sure you check with the guy on the side just to see if you're aligned ... He was 2 inches away from or an inch from being legal.''

Most PG version of an example that you could type.  LOL!

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Most PG version of an example that you could type.  LOL!

That version wouldn't work because I'm guessing "Little Andy" is smaller than he tells people it is. His waist, like the "one or two inches offsides," is much larger. 

Dig the humor though. 

• Like 1