NFL News & Notes

Leader

On 1/2/2024 at 9:34 PM, Leader said:

NY Post -  The NFL has handed down its discipline to Panthers owner David Tepper after a stunning video showed him throwing his drink at a Jaguars fan from his suite at their game in Jacksonville on Sunday.

Tepper was fined $300,000 for the incident, the NFL announced Tuesday.

The 66-year-old expressed contrition after the league’s announcement.

“I am deeply passionate about this team and regret my behavior on Sunday,” Tepper said in a statement.

“I should have let NFL stadium security handle any issues that arose. I respect the NFL’s code of conduct and accept the League’s discipline for my behavior.”

Would have loved to see the nfl give that 300k to the fan

• Like 1

NFL QB Index, Week 18: Lamar Jackson seizes No. 1 spot; C.J. Stroud returns to top 10

This shows how bad the quarterbacking is in the NFL. Justin Fields is rated #13 overall. Can you imagine 29 teams are playing with worse quarterbacks. Sure, there have been a ton of injuries to the position. Then you look at the list and there are only 4-5 guys currently starting you could rate below him. Flacco at #7 is a joke. Love should be top 10. 

11 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

NFL QB Index, Week 18: Lamar Jackson seizes No. 1 spot; C.J. Stroud returns to top 10

This shows how bad the quarterbacking is in the NFL. Justin Fields is rated #13 overall. Can you imagine 29 teams are playing with worse quarterbacks. Sure, there have been a ton of injuries to the position. Then you look at the list and there are only 4-5 guys currently starting you could rate below him. Flacco at #7 is a joke. Love should be top 10. 

Might want to check your math...

I don't necessarily agree with his rankings, it is difficult to tell how much single week and full season.  But week to week, sure I can believe that he could be the 13th best QB in a given week.  There really are some bad ones on that list.  He is almost assuredly better than Zappe, Hall, Young, Levis group.  Week 17 Fields was a cromulent QB.  1 passing TD, 1 rushing TD, 268 yards passing, 45 yards rushing, passer rating 99.5, no turnovers.  In any given week, that is probably a 12-18 QB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Justin Fields playing well enough in the back stretch of every season to convince the Bears to commit to him going forward might be the funniest route to permanent mediocrity.

Are you old enough to remember Wayne Fontes constantly winning like the last 4 games of the year and keeping his job with the Lions?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

Pretty wild that HOU and IND are playing a "win and in" game one year after having a combined 7 wins.

They arent. The afc is wild. They are win and in if jax wins. If tenn wins, hous/ind are only in if steelers lose. 

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Pretty wild that HOU and IND are playing a "win and in" game one year after having a combined 7 wins.

I heard something yesterday that INDY may be missing 3 of 4 Olinemen......

ESPN senior V.P. of digital and studio production Mike Foss issued the statement to FrontOfficeSports.com.

“Aaron made a dumb and factually inaccurate joke about Jimmy Kimmel,” Foss said. “The show will continue to evolve. It wouldn’t surprise me if Aaron’s role evolves with it.”

On 1/4/2024 at 8:03 PM, HokieHigh said:

Would have loved to see the nfl give that 300k to the fan

Or the fan could sue for a couple of million instead. 

I'd be willing to bet the fan probably got what he/she (or any of the other 47 genders) deserved. 

Edited by Old Guy

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

What of the 5th?

Sorry...that was a typo. It should have read 3 or 4 Olineman.
It was just a blurb I overheard. No clue how accurate it was or if its still a thing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

They arent. The afc is wild. They are win and in if jax wins. If tenn wins, hous/ind are only in if steelers lose. 

Per NFL.com, the HOU-IND is a win and in game.

HOUSTON TEXANS (9-7) AT INDIANAPOLIS (9-7); SATURDAY, 8:15 P.M. ET, ESPN/ABC

• Houston clinches AFC South division title with: HOU win + JAX loss or tie
  • Houston clinches playoff berth with: HOU win OR HOU tie + JAX loss + PIT loss or tie
  • Indianapolis clinches AFC South division title with: IND win + JAX loss or tie OR IND tie + JAX loss
  • Indianapolis clinches playoff berth with: IND win OR IND tie + PIT loss or tie