NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

The ATL job has to be appealing to an offensive minded coach.  Having Bijan, Pitts and London to work with has to stand out to someone like the DET OC (can't remember his name) who seems to be the hot OC candidate this year.  Tepper reportedly wants him for the CAR job, but I'd think ATL must look like a much better option.

Ben Johnson

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Just saw this...

Coach A:  18-33

Coach B: 21-30

A is Saleh, who still had a job.

B is Arthur Smith, who has no job as of today.

I didn't realize just how bad Saleh has been.

7-10 this year with that dumpster fire at QB?   Saleh should get a parade I think

2 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

7-10 this year with that dumpster fire at QB?   Saleh should get a parade I think

Why would Saleh get a pass for completely failing to develop the QB they selected at #2 overall on his watch?

• Like 1

People - to be clear - I am not actually advocating Saleh gets a parade.   Nor am I actually suggesting Ridder and Heinecke are in any way....good.     I am just having fun and suggest we take steps to lighten up a little.     

*Hopefully this disclaimer frees up your time to find offense in other threads

5 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

People - to be clear - I am not actually advocating Saleh gets a parade.   Nor am I actually suggesting Ridder and Heinecke are in any way....good.     I am just having fun and suggest we take steps to lighten up a little.     

*Hopefully this disclaimer frees up your time to find offense in other threads

100.webp?cid=ecf05e47xexx5gquo4cj9f2rqvy

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Corey Lindsley retiring due to heart issue.

Packer Hall of Fame his next stop?  

Sucks to kind of lose your career like this, but he's made a lot of dough and it's now just more important that he lead a healthy life from here on out.  Wish him the best!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

Why would Saleh get a pass for completely failing to develop the QB they selected at #2 overall on his watch?

This ^ - which is hardly ever mentioned with this guy. It seems Douglas takes all the heat.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Just saw this...

Coach A:  18-33

Coach B: 21-30

A is Saleh, who still had a job.

B is Arthur Smith, who has no job as of today.

I didn't realize just how bad Saleh has been.

Saleh is getting a pass because of the Aaron Rodgers injury.  He's been terrible.  Smith was bad.  He doesn't properly utilize their talent on hand.  Bijan, Pitts, and London were all underutilized.  Three high first round picks wasting away. Most games Pitts gets about 5 targets or less.  They should have been able to figure out ways to make him a mismatch out there by now.  Smith was so highly thought of in Tennessee that I thought he might be a good one .. nope.  Yesterday he threw a fit at the end of the game, because the Saints kind of ran it up on them.  Boohoo .. enjoy the comforts of your home.

• Like 1