NFL News & Notes

Leader

6 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

The streaming NFL part got dangerously close to football.

“I’ve paid my xx bucks a month to watch Ted Lasso, Reacher, Yellowstone spin offs and King of Tulsa. Why not playoff football?” says the frog as the water gets warmer. 

Ten years ago we would have been “Eff that!” But now most of us are off cable and we pick and choose streaming services anyway. I think I’d only be mad if the playoffs are totally split between a bunch of different pay platforms.

And THAT won’t happen for at least another…say two years.

And as far as January 6th, forty percent of us say it’s one thing, another forty percent of us say it’s another thing, and the twenty percent who don’t know it’s a thing select the next government for the rest of us. 

They are never going to turn down making money, and the majority of people will pay. It is what it is. 

13 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Ten years ago we would have been “Eff that!” But now most of us are off cable and we pick and choose streaming services anyway. I think I’d only be mad if the playoffs are totally split between a bunch of different pay platforms.

And THAT won’t happen for at least another…say two years.

Next year there will be one game on Peacock and another on Paramount.  Count on it.

• Like 3

I like when games are on networks so you can just vpn to a location server in the zone of interest and watch games.  

The additional app requirements are crazy and sad. Theyve got viewers on the hook and nothing anyone can do. Nfl should lose its antitrust exemption.

In mississippi there arent even bars that have sunday ticket within 50 miles of me.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

My service has options to connect to the broadcast of any NFL market, so I am good unless they eventually try to black out the local market, which I can't imagine they would ever do.

Woah thats cool

1 minute ago, Toddfather said:

Really? I was just in Vancouver in September and used my VPN on Youtube TV. Interesting though.

Not all VPN's are created equal.  Some can get around the geo-fencing on apps like Netflix and YouTube, others can't.

• Like 1