NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

you're assuming he has his choice of all these jobs.  But the job market isn't playing out that way.

Nobody wants him.

there was no mutual interest between the teams w/ openings and BB. That's all we know.

Plenty of teams are interested in having BB work for them. In some role.

The point is that, for Bill, that role is different depending on the team. And I don't blame him for wanting control of the Falcons if he were to go there. Other teams would be (and will be) different.

ProFootballTalk - Sunday’s Detroit-San Francisco game marked the end of the line for the Lions. It also ended things for Greg Olsen, in his role at the lead NFL game analyst at Fox. With CBS having this year’s Super Bowl, Fox’s NFL season is over.

Barring something unforeseen (but not impossible), Tom Brady will take Olsen’s spot in 2024. It will send Olsen to the No. 2 team at Fox, or it will send Olsen to a new network.

///

Meh

33 minutes ago, Leader said:

ProFootballTalk - Sunday’s Detroit-San Francisco game marked the end of the line for the Lions. It also ended things for Greg Olsen, in his role at the lead NFL game analyst at Fox. With CBS having this year’s Super Bowl, Fox’s NFL season is over.

Barring something unforeseen (but not impossible), Tom Brady will take Olsen’s spot in 2024. It will send Olsen to the No. 2 team at Fox, or it will send Olsen to a new network.

///

Meh

I like Olsen. I wonder what his thoughts on this is. Whatever he chooses he will def have a job next season.

6 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I like Olsen. I wonder what his thoughts on this is. Whatever he chooses he will def have a job next season.

Yeah....I'm okay with Olsen as well. Not sure how I'm gonna like Brady though. Cant say I've ever heard him in the job....so who knows.

• Like 1

“I knew very well what I was signing up for,” Olsen told The Athletic earlier this year. “I’ve always said I’m a big boy. I understand the rules of engagement. … All I can do is try to be as good as humanly possible and make it very difficult (for Fox Sports management). I’ve said to (Fox Sports executive producer) Brad Zager and (Fox Sports chairman) Eric Shanks kind of in jest and in humor over a beer — ‘I’m going to make it really hard on you guys.’ I’d be doing those guys a disservice and I’m doing myself and my team a disservice if I went into it half-assed that I’m just a placeholder until (Tom) Brady comes in and takes my spot. That’s not in anyone’s best interest.”

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Leader said:

///

Meh

God ******* dammit I better not have to listen to Brady every goddamn Sunday. 

• Like 1