NFL News & Notes

Leader

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Not joking though, I'd be on the phone with Saleh right now asking him what he wants to be a Sr. Analyst on our staff. 

This was back from when Hafley was hired.  If Saleh has any interest at all in staying active this season, GB seems as likely a place as any.

A connection between LaFleur and Hafley is that Hafley coached DBs for two seasons under former #49ers DC Robert Saleh, who is LaFleur's best friend in the business

Edited by Mazrimiv

11 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The SF defense is kind of struggling.  Have to think they will be contacting Saleh about potential employment opportunities.

Shanahan definitely has reached out to his old DC. 

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Definitely .. maybe he could figure out how to revive Rashan Gary's sagging career.

I have a feeling Rebrovich just sucks at his job. Although, Gary sucked late last year too. He's had 1 sack in his last 12 games (and it was against Lane Johnson on the botched Eagles play). So...it's been bad for him for a while. 

13 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

It's a tough slope to manage for MLF.

While I'd love to bring Saleh in, with any title.  Haff is new and bringing Saleh in could be seen as undermining Haff.

Yeah, I don’t see it for that reason unless they had some very amicable agreement between the three of them. Competition is one thing, bringing in your former boss as a consultant on a job you are just getting your grip on would not inspire confidence. Plus, even if Saleh goes on next year to be DC in SF or LA we would basically be helping another team scout us out whenever we’d have to play him. If this had happened last season? I would definitely be banging the table for Saleh 

Jets fans are finding out the hard way that the GB fan takes on Rodgers at the time of the trade weren't just sour grapes.  The ratio of his ego vs his talent had become a real problem.

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 2