NFL News & Notes

Leader

4 hours ago, Tperk said:

Kinda makes you want to listen to the damn show, just to see what someone deems worthy of $30M/yr.

Sports bull**** and other bull****. If you like talking **** with the boys but got no boys to talk **** with.. This is that show. And they heavily promote gambling.

54 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Looks like Wilson wants out of Seattle this off season. Already picking destinations.

No way he wants out of SEA and onto the NYGs. Their offensive line is perhaps worse than SEAs and their organization is in disarray and has been under performing for years.  Such a move would be for his wife's career - not his.

It's irresponsible as hell (IMO) for this to be leaked now.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

No way he wants out of SEA and onto the NYGs. Their offensive line is perhaps worse than SEAs and their organization is in disarray and has been under performing for years.  Such a move would be for his wife's career - not his.

I'm not surprised by this leak.  Wilson's camp is testing the interest level in the market now.  I'd be surprised if Pete Carroll does not retire as they may require a rebuild.

Before this year, Wilson's trade value would have been very high.  Wilson however looks slow compared to five years ago and he does not move as well.  He has always been great at getting outside the pocket and taking a broken play and making a big gain out of it by forcing the ball downfield.  But this year even that ability has not been demonstrated on a consistent basis.  If I were trading for a QB, I'd taking Rodgers over him any day even though Rodgers is about 5 years older.  

Not sure how he goes to New Orleans.  They are 60 million over the cap right now (even worse than GB).  The Giants suck and even Wilson cannot fix that but some new GM there may think he is the answer.  Denver would be an interesting choice.  But then again, another high quality QB may want to go there too.  There are 3 teams with multiple first round picks in next year's draft, the Giants, Eagles, and Dolphins.  One will probably step up.

7 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

I'm not surprised by this leak. 

Terrible timing IMO. Granted SEAs playoff chances are probably nil - but there's games to be played this season nd this just puts an unnecessary cloud over those games. Talking up leaving already looks bad IMO - but it's the nature off sports today.

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Wilson could have denied it rather than saying, 'it's a non-story!'

ProFootballTalk -  The Bills could have won Sunday’s game against the Buccaneers. Some would say they should have won. Some would correctly say they would have won it, if defensive pass interference had been called against Buccaneers cornerback Carlton Davis during a key third-and-two late in regulation, with Buffalo trailing Tampa Bay, 27-24.

Davis significantly hindered Bills receiver Stefon Diggs. The official looking right at the play didn’t throw a flag, however.

Then, in overtime, the official called defensive pass interference against the Bills, giving Tampa 19 yards of field position and boosting what became the game-winning drive.

Said NBC rules analyst Terry McAulay on Twitter: “This is not defensive pass interference. The receiver creates the contact. It is especially noteworthy given what was not called late in regulation on the Buffalo 3rd & 2 play.”

23 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Wilson could have denied it rather than saying, 'it's a non-story!'

Ultimately I don’t blame Wilson because he likely feels stuck in Seattle because no one is willing to change anything there.

But it’s kind of lame to literally release the 3 teams you’d like to go to, more so in season.

Its one of the main reasons why it feels like if a big QB is going to move it’s Russ and not Aaron.

for as much as we can all day about Aaron he isn’t pulling this nonsense. In fact he is “embracing” the GM before practices now.

10 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Ultimately I don’t blame Wilson because he likely feels stuck in Seattle because no one is willing to change anything there. But it’s kind of lame to literally release the 3 teams you’d like to go to, more so in season. Its one of the main reasons why it feels like if a big QB is going to move it’s Russ and not Aaron. for as much as we can all day about Aaron he isn’t pulling this nonsense. In fact he is “embracing” the GM before practices now.

I agree. The Agent didnt spout off without Wilson knowing about it in advance and I think it's terrible timing.