Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

Polanco and the Twins “are putting the finishing touches” on a seven-year contract, a source with knowledge of the transaction said, the first of what is expected to be a handful of long-term deals this month — and potentially this week — for parts of the Twins’ young core. The deal is expected to guarantee the Twins’ incumbent shortstop $25 million through 2023, with a pair of team options for the 2024 and 25 seasons.

http://www.startribune.com/twins-shortstop-jorge-polanco-set-for-seven-year-deal/505833702/

That is a nice price.

Good gentlemen of the Vikings forum of Football's Future, I ask of you 1 thing.

When I die, please make sure that Dubnyk, Koivu, Coyle, Parise, Suter and Craig Leipold are my pallbearers so they can let me down, one last time.

Real talk, trade Dubnyk for a horse.

Shoot the horse.

I doubt you can even get a horse for Coyle.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2019 at 9:59 AM, MNPackfan32 said:

Good gentlemen of the Vikings forum of Football's Future, I ask of you 1 thing.

When I die, please make sure that Dubnyk, Koivu, Coyle, Parise, Suter and Craig Leipold are my pallbearers so they can let me down, one last time.

Real talk, trade Dubnyk for a horse.

Shoot the horse.

I doubt you can even get a horse for Coyle.

This is why they should get the North Stars name back from Dallas.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

@MNPackfan32 , or anyone for that matter, why is it the Wild can't buy out the last year of K. Kaprizov?

Really hoping some more moves are made before the deadline.

There are a few reasons

1. No transfer agreement between the KHL and NHL like the NHL has with other leagues in Europe

2. It's a KHL rule that the player has to foot their own buyout

3. Kaprizov has to want that to happen, and he currently doesn't.  He didn't have to sign the three year deal to stay in the KHL, but chose to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

I had no idea about #2. Is there a way the Wild/NHL team could reimburse for said buyout or work that into the contract?

Hopefully he wants to come over for the 2020 NHL season, he has done quite well in the KHL it seems, perhaps he's hungry for a new challenge.

I have to think that money talks and BS walks. If the Wild are serious about getting Kaprizov here, Fenton and Leipold hop on a plane with a couple brief cases full of cash. Everything has a price. Make sure Kaprizov his agent and the KHL team are happy with the cash and I think he would be here next year.

That's all just speculation, but I think he could be bought.

2 hours ago, RpMc said:

There are a few reasons

1. No transfer agreement between the KHL and NHL like the NHL has with other leagues in Europe

2. It's a KHL rule that the player has to foot their own buyout

3. Kaprizov has to want that to happen, and he currently doesn't.  He didn't have to sign the three year deal to stay in the KHL, but chose to.

As far as #3, we can't be totally sure. I had heard that a big reason he stayed was because NHL players weren't playing in the Olympics. Kaprizov has Olympic Gold now. 

The guy is absolutely the real deal. The Wild must do everything humanly possible to get him here asap.