Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

3 minutes ago, Sad People said:

Hasnt Randle been dealing with injury issues as well or was that just last year?

Getting away for Thibs who plays his players into the ground could do wonder for Randle and his health as well.

Randle has also dealt with injuries but I thought I read that his contract expires after this season. If that’s true, then he was included to balance out the trade, not necessarily be here long term. 

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Randle has also dealt with injuries but I thought I read that his contract expires after this season. If that’s true, then he was included to balance out the trade, not necessarily be here long term. 

Thats fair.

IIRC The owner would of had to pay the luxury tax if we would of kept KAT and we all know Glenn Taylor (?) is a cheap ***. Jason Mcintyre was talking about this trade months and months ago.

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/player/_/id/15359/julius-randle#:~:text=Julius Randle signed a 4,dead cap value of %2427%2C561%2C600.

You are right, after this year player option next year and honestly I would say that is a good thing.  Because if they are not pleased with him or he does have some major injury issues they just go get someone else with that money.  

Ideally Naz Reid takes another step as a player this year and next.  

Trading KAT has a very similar feel to watching Cousins walk. A great guy, a good player, but someone who is likely not playing up to the level of expectation, or pay. 

The fans who are upset seem to be having a hard time seeing the teams vision moving forward, those who are happy seem to be basing it on opinions created from generally false narratives, and the majority of fans are mostly indifferent losing a fan favorite but have faith in the coaches and front office. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The Gophers’ offense is just infuriatingly bad. The play design. The play calling. Everything about it. 

And if Max Brosmer is the best that they can do at QB, then PJ Fleck is not the recruiter he’s labeled as. 

Does PJ even know what offense is? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

did the Wolves not have a first this year before this trade, or now have two?

We traded a boatload of 1st's to get Gobert. I believe we didn't have a 1st rounder until 2028 before last nights trade with the Knicks.

• Like 1