Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

8 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Is there any chance that someone could become the new hits leader in the future? I imagine it's not likely at all with the way the game is played and how good the pitchers are?

The closest active player is Freddie Freeman with 2267 hits at age 34. Even getting to 3K in this era of baseball is nearly impossible. I'm not sure there's an active player that will get there.

1 hour ago, PrplChilPill said:

Absolutely.  He's a terrible person...and always has been, but to me, he still belongs in the HoF.  Ty Cobb was also an awful person and nobody has ever said he should be pulled from the HoF. 

Edited by VikeManDan
Forum rules.
  • Like 2

Just now, JDBrocks said:

They deserve plaques. Subjectively excluding them and pretending like the other inductees are above board makes a mockery of the entire institution.

I don't think it matters, but I get others disagree. Breaking the one true rule is a tough one to overcome for me, but whatever. It's a hall of fame . I'm always amazed how much people care

5 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I don't think it matters, but I get others disagree. Breaking the one true rule is a tough one to overcome for me, but whatever. It's a hall of fame . I'm always amazed how much people care

I care insofar as it's an interesting topic of discussion, and a means to compare greatness. It certainly doesn't bother me in my day to day life, but if we're going to be on the subject I've got thoughts 😅

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Yeah, can't bring that up @PrplChilPill. Clearly against the forum rules.

"Do not post anything abusive, obscene, racist, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs."

I can't point out that someone admitted in court to committing a crime? Unreal. My post did NONE of those things at all. 

Edited by PrplChilPill

12 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I can't point out that someone admitted in court to committing a crime? Unreal. My post did NONE of those things at all. 

This was my interpretation of the forum rules. I could be in the wrong but decided to err on the side of caution.

Tagging our other forum mod @gopherwrestler.  Feel free to send him or myself a PM to discuss further.