Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

How can a team block a guy for a job that’s a promotion?

On top of what King just said, the CBS article on it states this:

Who could have targeted Callahan? Speculatively, it's very possible the Washington Redskins, who just lost coordinator Sean McVay to the Los Angeles Rams, could have been looking to speak with him considering his father Bill Callahan is their offensive line coach.

And if Washington was the team who wanted him, it would have been as QB coach on their staff, as they ended up promoting their QB coach at the time, Matt Cavanaugh to OC. So it wouldn't have been a promotion anyway.

Just now, -Hope- said:

i imagine urban's the kind of guy who could end damn near any assistant's coaching career if he wanted to, lol

It's one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard of. Like what does he do that makes people turn down head coaching jobs and NFL coordinator positions?

If I'm an assistant coach there's no way I'm turning down that good of an opportunity.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

It's one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard of. Like what does he do that makes people turn down head coaching jobs and NFL coordinator positions?

If I'm an assistant coach there's no way I'm turning down that good of an opportunity.

it's definitely crazy, but urban meyer is one of about 2 coaches in college football right now who could probably pull that off, lol

Archived