Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

I think he said he "can make the call" and he drove that point home by saying if he wants to blitz with the game on the line he will. I think he just wants people to know hes going to do his thing regardless of how people feel about it. I dont think he necessarily wants to make the call.

If it was me I might start out making occasional calls here and there just to get the dynamic more to the point but once my coordinators figured out where I was going with it I wouldn't make calls unless it was something unique like a onside kick or 4th down conversion etc.

The calls are really irrelevant...I mean he shouldn't be calling all the plays. Theres no point...theres a gameplan and a playbook and why the hell does he need to call plays. How can he be doing his job if hes calling plays...you can't script plays on defense.

There are tons of guys out there to be your defensive coordinators. You can scour the collegiate level for a guy who did a solid job calling plays. They're out there...he might even be able to get a good feel for their style...you just have to be willing to watch the film.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah I didn't think anything he said ever said otherwise. His first answer strictly said "If I tell the DC I wanna blitz we're gonna blitz" which, to me, implies that he would be overriding the normal flow of play-calling.

Somehow the media was dumb enough to interpret it otherwise.

"I want to put together a great staff, and I am not rushing that," Vrabel said on Tuesday. "You only get so many cracks at this thing. I am not going to hire a bunch of my buddies - I don't have that many of them. I don't think that is the way to go. I am looking for the right guys, the best guys to coach our team.”

i know it all means nothing when push comes to shove, but boy has he said all the right things so far, lol

9 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

if we somehow end up with both defilippo and bettcher this forum will be the happiest it’s been in years haha

DeFilippo as oc, Callahan as QB coach with the promise that Callahan is promoted to OC once DeFilippo leaves to go be a HC would be an ideal set up.

Archived