2018 Free Agents

gopherwrestler

Perhaps the moves we have been making lately increase the chances of an OL at 30?  Perhaps a DB?  The Spiel has aggressively gone after upgrades for the weakest parts of the roster each off-season, wonder what his next trick will be?

A fourth-round pick in 2012, Wright was due to earn $3.6 million this year in base salary. The move creates $2.12 million in dead money, which will be split equally between 2018 and 2019, if the Vikings opted to make the move a post-June 1 transaction.

Wright caught only 18 passes for 198 yards and two touchdowns during the 2017 regular season. He had six catches for 107 yards in a pair of playoff games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/16/vikings-cut-receiver-jarius-wright/

3 minutes ago, rpmwr19 said:

Honestly if there’s a wideout at 30... Calvin Ridley falling... DJ Moore?

how does ridley compare to stefon diggs coming out of college?

and i think WR or CB are dark horse picks at 30. the IOL, RB and DT depth in this draft is great which makes me think rick will opt to wait on those until day 2.

5 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

I wonder if their going to make a run at Mathieu, although i doubt it. He wouldnt do a 1 year deal and with the Cousins contract we would probably lose some of our guys next year if we gave him (Tyrann) a multiyear deal. 

Why wouldn’t Mathieu do a one year deal?

29 minutes ago, rpmwr19 said:

Honestly if there’s a wideout at 30... Calvin Ridley falling... DJ Moore?

I don’t see any chance of a 1st round WR at all.  We have two elite WRs already and IMO Treadwell is better than every WR in the draft this year.  Now that Treadwell has a QB that actually goes through his reads and he won’t have to split reps with Floyd and Wright I’m expecting to see a significant jump in his production.

I think WR is only a late round need since we still have Caleb Jones, Stacey Coley, and Rodney Adams.

Archived