Todd Haley, Browns Offensive Coordinator!

buno67

Is this a good hire?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good hire to you?

Can you guys fill me in on Haley's traits?  Is he a good coach or not?  I always got the impression he rode the coattails of his daddy to get where he got to be.  He was a college GOLFER for goodness sakes.  Please fill me in.  I was never really that impressed with him.  So, I don't know whether to be impressed or depressed, as Slick, the Doctor of Style would say.  Impress me if I need to be.  I'm open to change.  Thanks!

1 minute ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

Can you guys fill me in on Haley's traits?  Is he a good coach or not?  I always got the impression he rode the coattails of his daddy to get where he got to be.  He was a college GOLFER for goodness sakes.  Please fill me in.  I was never really that impressed with him.  So, I don't know whether to be impressed or depressed, as Slick, the Doctor of Style would say.  Impress me if I need to be.  I'm open to change.  Thanks!

He’s a complete dckbag who has the emotional stability and coping skills.

Many fans complain he’s overconfident in his scheme and his weekly game plans aren’t exactly tailored to the opponent.

He also has a pretty long history of running competent offenses, albeit he’s been lucky to have some talented QB’s.

IMO he’s literally Gregg Williams on offense.  A professional level coordinator who will coach to the level of, or slightly above, the talent he’s given. He should be better than Hue as an OC and should allow Hue to be a better HC.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Many fans complain he’s overconfident in his scheme and his weekly game plans aren’t exactly tailored to the opponent.

He also has a pretty long history of running competent offenses, albeit he’s been lucky to have some talented QB’s.

IMO he’s literally Gregg Williams on offense.  A professional level coordinator who will coach to the level of, or slightly above, the talent he’s given. He should be better than Hue as an OC and should allow Hue to be a better HC.

Great.  We can expect the RB to line up 30 yards behind the LOS!  I just always thought he was high on himself for no apparent good reason.

Let's hope they know what they are doing.  After your response, I remain depressed.  Thanks.

16 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

Great.  We can expect the RB to line up 30 yards behind the LOS!  I just always thought he was high on himself for no apparent good reason.

Let's hope they know what they are doing.  After your response, I remain depressed.  Thanks.

He’s a step in the right direction.

Gregg Williams had some head scratching moments this past year, but our defense was good enough to win some games.

Haley can do the same things imo.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/09/steelers-film-room-todd-haleys-playbook/

a 2015 article about Haley and his offense. It is a long read but it’s prettt informative. 

If those are still his scheme and concepts, it would be a breath of fresh area to this offense. 

5th, 4th, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd. This is the rank of TE targets in Haley’s offense with the Steelers. To me this is huge. Over the past 6 seasons the Steelers have had some damn good WR depth and they really relied on targeting the RB. So as a pure receiver on the team outside of the RB, the TE was targeted a lot. Also add in the fact it was rumored that the Steelers wanted Njoku last year, we could see a great marriage between Haley and Njoku/Devalve. Haley loves his TEs and he has a pair of the most athletic TEs in the league. Hopefully he doesn’t just run very seam/Hashmark routes with them like Hue

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

eh, haley could be our next hc around week.. 5

That thought crossed my mind as well. I wouldn't hate that to be honest. I have a few basic fears:

1. That we will pass on Darnold at #1

2. That not only will we pass on Darnold at #1, but we will also pass on Rosen at #1

3. That not only will we pass on both Darnold AND Rosen at #1, but we'll actually select Allen or Baker at #1

4. On the off chance that we get this thing right and draft Darnold (or Rosen worst case scenario), Hue will do his best to ruin him year 1 or that Dorsey and Rosen's personalities will not mesh at all

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I agree with this. That's why I'm okay with the hire, but not overly excited about it. He had a lot to work with in Pittsburgh, and his days in Arizona as well. I'm also convinced that Hue probably won't be here beyond next year, so that means there's a good chance the current coaching staff won't be here either. Still, Hue's offense clearly wasn't working so I'm all for giving Haley a shot. We can't get any worse, right?

24 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

That thought crossed my mind as well. I wouldn't hate that to be honest. I have a few basic fears:

1. That we will pass on Darnold at #1

2. That not only will we pass on Darnold at #1, but we will also pass on Rosen at #1

3. That not only will we pass on both Darnold AND Rosen at #1, but we'll actually select Allen or Baker at #1

4. On the off chance that we get this thing right and draft Darnold (or Rosen worst case scenario), Hue will do his best to ruin him year 1 or that Dorsey and Rosen's personalities will not mesh at all

4 is my biggest fear. Hueball will force Darnold into a starting role he isn't ready for because Hueball fears for his job. All of this could have been avoided by firing hue to begin with. But now everything is backwards and dorsey has been handcuffed by not being able to hire his own HC. Sigh. 

in brighter news I like the Haley signing! 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Archived