Monster Hunter: World

showtime

I am excited for this as well.  I didn't pre-order, and hope to get a physical copy tomorrow, but if I don't, I can download it after work.  I played the heck out of the first Monster Hunter on PS2.  I used the dual blades mostly, but sometimes the spear and gun.  Dual blades is my favorite because I prefer speed to power, and I got a clumsy feel when using the other weapons.  I was absolutely awful using the huge swords, I mostly hit teammates and sent them flying.  

You guys jumping online immediately? I think I will do a few quests solo before I jump online.  Is this going to be like the first game where I can use the same character online and solo? So I can get my basic gear on my own, but need help getting that first Rathalos taken down?

1 hour ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

You guys jumping online immediately? I think I will do a few quests solo before I jump online.  Is this going to be like the first game where I can use the same character online and solo? So I can get my basic gear on my own, but need help getting that first Rathalos taken down?

I'm pretty sure you can use the same character solo and online.  As a matter of fact, the online is so seamless in this game that you could be fighting a monster solo and you can shoot a flair into the air so your single player game now becomes a coop game.  According to what I read, you can actually do this during the middle of a fight if you need help.

* Complex systems

* Needs improved tutorial

* Game is too hard

This is a legit quote from an actual reviewer:  In the end, Capcom hasn’t built this game for me. It’s hard and frustrating…

^ Those are some of the common complaints from some reviewers LOL

1 minute ago, showtime said:

* Complex systems

* Needs improved tutorial

* Game is too hard

This is a legit quote from an actual reviewer:  In the end, Capcom hasn’t built this game for me. It’s hard and frustrating…

^ Those are some of the common complaints from some reviewers LOL

A Monster Hunter game is complex? SAY IT ISN'T SO.

• Like 1

Hey, the game was too difficult.  But I still loved it.  I couldn't take the Diablos, or Gravios (sp?) or whatever that desert fish guy was called without help. [MH1]

1 hour ago, showtime said:

I'm pretty sure you can use the same character solo and online.  As a matter of fact, the online is so seamless in this game that you could be fighting a monster solo and you can shoot a flair into the air so your single player game now becomes a coop game.  According to what I read, you can actually do this during the middle of a fight if you need help.

That is awesome! I really like trying to do the hunts and stuff on my own, but sometimes you bite off more than you can chew.

This game being complex and difficult is apart of the game.  Capcom could have easily dumbed the game down a ton, but if they would have done that, this game would have been really bad.  Games aren't meant to be played by everyone.  And honestly, this game isn't THAT complex.  Stuff like that tells me the reviewer didn't even really give it much of a chance.

Just FYI for all of you guys who have pre-ordered digitally on console.  You can pre-load the game so that it is downloaded before official release.  Just keep in mind that there is a day one patch planned, so you would have to download that before you can play.  I have read some people having difficulty pre-loading the game on both the PS4 and Xbox One.  If you're having issues, try to uninstall the game and when you re-install it should download the full game.