Monster Hunter: World

showtime

7 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Still can't kill the anjanath. I just don't understand what I'm supposed to do. 

Anjanath is a tough one, but like @showtime said dodging is key. The more you play the more you'll get used to timing dodges at the beginning of a monster's attack animation (although some monsters have wonky attack animations i.e. Tobi-Kadashi's Charged Slam Attack. ) 

7 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Still can't kill the anjanath. I just don't understand what I'm supposed to do. 

I will look at my set-up when I get home, I have been working the guy solo.  I have been using a water enhanced weapon.  Take pot shots with the sling shot thing.  I have been working his legs and then hitting it in the face when it falls down.  The face is the place he takes the most damage, but if you attack there while he is standing, you are in the path of destruction.  If you knock off a piece, sometimes it drops "bomb shot" or something like that.  You can shoot that from your slingshot and hit for like 40 damage IIRC.  Remember to use the flash bugs or paralyzing toads to your advantage.  Also, if you can lure him to another monster he usually fights it too.  The little dino guys will jump on him when he is down and help you.  He tends to beat everything but the Rathalos, that I have seen, but they help you out.

I have also always made sure to eat food before the hunt that increases my defense.  That can change 1 shot kill to 2, which can be enough time to get away and heal.  When you are not in combat with a monster always make sure that your weapon is completely sharpened.

• Like 1

Here are some of my own notes @titansNvolsR#1 on Anjanath (be forewarned I name all the monster moves after Pokemon moves/abilities, in my personal notes):

Mechanics: Roar, like all large monsters he will Roar to stagger the hunter

Fireblight: Causes a burn sequences is denoted by a flame on top of your health bar (a second flame will show up if your badly burned), it will turn the health bar red, and decrease it (I don't know the exact DoT/sec). Easy to get rid of, roll in water once, on the earth tree times, or just eat a Nullberry (probably most useful item in game)

Attack List:

Tail Whip - he's going to swipe his tail from right to left if you start standing behind him. (If you see his tail start cocking back to the right, evade backwards or do two evades to the right)

Strong Jaw - Will chomp down on you if you are standing right in front of him. (Best to try and evade forward and get under his belly)

Giga Impact - He lowers his head and charges at you, sometimes adding a Strong Jaw in the middle of the move 

Rollout - If you are standing to right or left of the monster, he will roll over you.

Mega Kick - He will kick you if you're around his legs

Rapid Spin - He will do a Tail Whip, but instead of being stationary he does a full 180 turn to face the hunter in an instant

Double Kick - Will stand up taller than usual, lunge at you, and do a bunch of kicks in rapid succession. 

(When he grows wings): Flamethrower - pretty straightforward, if you are standing right in front of him he will shoot a straight beam if not, he will just spray and pray

Fire Body - Adds Fireblight to his attacks

Safest place to attack him would be underneath his belly. 

Fights are so different every time.  Whether it be the monster you are fighting might go to a different part of the map than where you fought him previously, different monsters from the environment showing up at certain times, and also the wild life.  Sometimes you might fight a monster and climbable objects or other things may not play a factor.  Other times you'll fight that same monster next to a poison plan and if you stand in the purple stuff that plant leaks out you'll be poisoned.

But yes, positioning and dodging are very key.  Just keep trying it, you'll definitely beat him eventually. 

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Fights are so different every time.  Whether it be the monster you are fighting might go to a different part of the map than where you fought him previously, different monsters from the environment showing up at certain times, and also the wild life.  Sometimes you might fight a monster and climbable objects or other things may not play a factor.  Other times you'll fight that same monster next to a poison plan and if you stand in the purple stuff that plant leaks out you'll be poisoned.

But yes, positioning and dodging are very key.  Just keep trying it, you'll definitely beat him eventually. 

That's why I only went over his attack patterns and his normal mechanics. But some of the stuff you said, is more of spacial awareness then anything. One of the keys to this game is spacial awareness, you have to know what's going on around you all the time. EDIT: And you have to be able to read through a monsters attack set. Hence why I like listing attacks, and mechanics. 

Edited by YogiBiz

2 hours ago, HighHopes said:

I desperately want this on the PC. I have a PS4, but I'll probably want to play it with friends and I don't want to pay PS+ or whatver it is called now.

Waiting to play with friends is probably a good idea.  Honestly, why not just get it for PS4 now and wait for it to come on PC?  I think the idea is the PC port will be out in the fall of this year, but that's not guaranteed as Capcom hasn't announced a date yet.  The PS4 has the biggest player base.

Ok, so I am able to kill the Anjanath relatively easily and I am using:  Vespoid helm, mail, vambraces, and coil with Anja greaves (the vespoid stuff is actually weak to fire).  My weapon is sworn rapiers.  

Try upping the gear.  Anja is aggressive, so if you are losing in one local, have it chase you to a more advantageous area.

32 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Ok, so I am able to kill the Anjanath relatively easily and I am using:  Vespoid helm, mail, vambraces, and coil with Anja greaves (the vespoid stuff is actually weak to fire).  My weapon is sworn rapiers.  

Try upping the gear.  Anja is aggressive, so if you are losing in one local, have it chase you to a more advantageous area.

Sound strategy. 

I found fighting him in the big area with the breakable log to be ideal. His nesting area - less so...

Grand scheme of things, you’ll find him easier soon. Could always do it the expensive/tedious way and spam him with traps and flashes.

I thought I was doing pretty well against the Anjanath until it stomped me to death. One wrong move and that's it. I'm using a light bowgun, upgraded once. The hardest part for me is constantly switching between the sling and the bowgun since the bowgun isn't equipped while running. Too many times I'll run to a better spot and then starting shooting sling shots at the monster for a few split seconds before I realize I have to draw my bowgun and by the time I do that I'm not in a good spot anymore and I either have to run away and draw the gun back out, or I get stomped. There are so many little challenges within the challenges that make this game tough. I just fought the Pukei Pukei for the first time and I think I was close to finishing it but the time ran out. Very disappointing but the strength of the challenge is what makes the game great. I spent two hours playing, didn't kill anything, and still had a great time. I'll go on some more expeditions to eventually make some more upgrades. I might try some different weapons out too.