Monster Hunter: World

showtime

Okay so, the one thing that I do dislike about this game is the spotty netcode.  I can join some of my friends and SOS's from random people perfectly fine.  But the one person I truly want to play this game with and I have so much fun playing with, I cannot play with them.  Every time I try to join their game, it gives me an error code.  After doing some research, this error code is common on both consoles.  

Such a shame.

19 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I keep losing to Legiana.

So after a couple of close tries when I got home, I finally killed it.  I was beating it from pillar to post and it kept running.  I grab some torch pods to chuck across the zone, and sure enough I kill the Legiana with the torch pod :D

Last night I finished a quest with 50 SECONDS left on the clock. I took too long to find the damn thing, and near the end of the battle I was running low on ammo and all I had left was normal ammo and spread ammo. So when the time started running out I just had to run up on it and blast it in the face with the spread ammo and hope that it would die, and it finally did. That time I was using a heavy bowgun with a deviation suppressor, and I am NOT doing that again. The reload times are so slow, I'll sacrifice some accuracy if it means I can get more shots in when I have the chance. I've also been testing out the switch axe and the insect glaive, and those are pretty cool too.

Then earlier today I was casually jogging around the beach area gathering stuff, and an Anjanath erupts from out under the ground underneath me and knocks me away. It didn't notice me and walked away so I just went back to doing what I was doing.

16 hours ago, showtime said:

Okay so, the one thing that I do dislike about this game is the spotty netcode.  I can join some of my friends and SOS's from random people perfectly fine.  But the one person I truly want to play this game with and I have so much fun playing with, I cannot play with them.  Every time I try to join their game, it gives me an error code.  After doing some research, this error code is common on both consoles.  

Such a shame.

I tired to play with her last night and it worked.  Maybe both the updates helped, I'm not sure.  I hope it continues to stay this way because I had such a blast last night.

If you guys had to describe this game for someone who has never played and/or compare it to a game that already exist how would you do it?

I told a co-worker that I'm really enjoying Monster Hunter World and he asked me, "What is that game about?" and I really didn't know how to answer it.  Seems obvious to say it's about killing monsters and using parts to create armor and weapons, but it's just insanely more fun than that haha.

3 hours ago, showtime said:

If you guys had to describe this game for someone who has never played and/or compare it to a game that already exist how would you do it?

I told a co-worker that I'm really enjoying Monster Hunter World and he asked me, "What is that game about?" and I really didn't know how to answer it.  Seems obvious to say it's about killing monsters and using parts to create armor and weapons, but it's just insanely more fun than that haha.

Pokemon meets Dark Souls.

4 hours ago, showtime said:

Really what I have been telling people is that I play Monster Hunter, and you know what you do in Monster Hunter? You hunt monsters!

6 hours ago, showtime said:

Except that's all it really is....

I explained it the same way: Kill monsters to harvest their parts.... To kill more monsters.