Monster Hunter: World

showtime

So I've been trying out the Hunting Horn as my secondary weapon, and oh lord. It is safe to say that the Hunting Horn is now my main Weapon. I rekt a Anjanath, then to finish the Job Rathalos came diving down and finished him. It took longer than I would have liked, but I still defeated the Rathalos as a HR 6. I was pretty lit. 

EDIT: Forgot to say I was originally a Long Sword user. (This is actually my first Monster Hunter ever, so I am pretty ignorant to some aspects of the game.)

Also if anyone wants to play with me I am on (M/T/Th/F I am on after 9PM EST (GMT+5), after 7PM EST (GMT+5) on Saturdays, and on every Wednesday/Sunday (except the final week of the month) I am on all day. 

Edited by YogiBiz

17 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Ok, so I just soloed the Rathian.  Either that is an easier monster because of the quest, or the game is easier than the first one.  But in that quest as I am fighting the Rathian, a Barroth showed up... She did hand him his ***.

Last night after soloing the Rathian, I thought I was pretty hot ****...  So I tried to take on the Rathalos.  LOL.  Not ready for him.  May have to go to the lance for that.

58 minutes ago, showtime said:

I need to try out new weapons.  So far, I've only used Dual Blades.  They're so fun to use.  Extreme mobility and the combo looks so awesome.  I'll eventually try out all the other weapons.

The hammer offers surprising mobility. I expected it to be sluggish but being able to charge it while moving is a amazing. Plus don't need to move much anyway when you stun the dinos to hell. 

4 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Last night was classic, "Being married sucks for video gaming." Sat down to play for a couple hours and was promptly told to set the controller down as we were having friends over for dinner and board games. I just want to playyyyyy.

At least it was board games? That sounds fun. Unless it was Monopoly or something.

Tonight I finished the first week quest of kill Atanoth (I think that is what it is called, the T-Rex) 4 times and thought that I was a badass again.  So I decided to take my chances with old Rathalos again.  I wasn't doing much to him, but I wasn't getting murdered either.  Then Rathian showed up too.  LOL.  My *** was handed to me again.

The egg delivery wasn't nearly the pain in the *** as it was in the first game.  Of course, the first one was a very short route.  I saw another one that I am going to definitely need multiplayer to complete.  

I bought it yesterday, and I have played about 6 hours so far. Very glad I did. This game is a masterpiece. At first it was a bit overwhelming to process all the intricacies, but once you develop a rhythm for yourself, it's so much fun. I've realized that while I wasn't necessarily a fan of RPGs, it was probably mainly because most games in this genre aren't too interesting to me. Then we have this game which is about hunting monsters in a relatively open jungle world. I'm wondering why I never really heard of this series until now.

The more I thought about it, the more I felt I would love this game, and it proved me right. It's great for my style because I'm always doing all the side missions and collecting items in every other game anyway. Now this game rewards that style of play even more with its depth. It's a gamer's game and I really like that. It's not a "playable movie" like a lot of other games with a thousand long cutscenes and quick time events where the game is almost played for you. What I'm really impressed with is the amount of effort you have to put in to slaying these bigger monsters. It feels like a real challenge, and the way they can run away from you adds more to it than an average boss battle when you have to chase them around the map and keep track of where they're going (and making sure you avoid the other big monsters lurking in the area). So while I haven't even done that much in the game yet, I can already say it was well worth the purchase, and I'm going to have a ton of fun with this one. :D

2 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Still can't kill the anjanath. I just don't understand what I'm supposed to do. 

He's tough for a lot of people and can take a while to kill.  One of the keys is to dodge is attacks because you really can't afford to be getting hit by him... especially the fire.  He has one attack that is him blowing a long stream of fire, if you get hit with that you're one shot even from full health.

Yesterday, I fought him at least 8 times lol.  I just kept responding to SOS flairs because he's one of the first major road blocks.  So that's an idea, consider shooting a flair near the start.  People will more than likely help since he's a super valuable monster in the early game to get parts from.