TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, Fragafootball said:

Just my two cents:

I think its a pretty silly rule if people can't extend Franchise tagged players. I understand not being able to trade tagged players. But I do believe it is allowed in the NFL.  

You can extend a Franchise tagged player

Franchise or Transition Tag Extension

1. Cannot be approved until after tendered offer sheets are finalized.

2. Refer to the workbook for details on extending a tagged player.

1 minute ago, mountainpd said:

Think its a good choice I wanted him though.

On the other hand, you now have every opportunity to grab him for whatever you were going to offer originally.  If he was transition tagged, that means the Rams only get Right of first Refusal.  Given that the transition tag was less than his expected APY there is no reason not to throw in an offer and make the Rams match if you were going to offer him anyways.  Personally, I like that some of the guys I am targeting are being transition tagged, means I get to go after them without costing me free agent bids.

1 minute ago, winitall said:

On the other hand, you now have every opportunity to grab him for whatever you were going to offer originally.  If he was transition tagged, that means the Rams only get Right of first Refusal.  Given that the transition tag was less than his expected APY there is no reason not to throw in an offer and make the Rams match if you were going to offer him anyways.  Personally, I like that some of the guys I am targeting are being transition tagged, means I get to go after them without costing me free agent bids.

Too true. Don' expect to win many bidding wars though with my cap. Was more hope than expectation on a fa bid. Watch this space

1 minute ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

I think the contract I constructed for Norwell likely would’ve been he biggest one I ever offered in TCMD :D

shows how cheap I am that the biggest contract I’ve ever made in this is for a guard. Even when I signed Junior Gillette to a big contract I kept it reasonable 

ARI has also been in tight cap situations for the last few years.  you have more space this year it seems, though I may be wrong on that.

17 minutes ago, Fragafootball said:

Just my two cents:

I think its a pretty silly rule if people can't extend Franchise tagged players. I understand not being able to trade tagged players. But I do believe it is allowed in the NFL.  

You can extend them. There's a section in your workbook for it. 

2 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

I think the contract I constructed for Norwell likely would’ve been he biggest one I ever offered in TCMD :D

shows how cheap I am that the biggest contract I’ve ever made in this is for a guard. Even when I signed Junior Gillette to a big contract I kept it reasonable 

I was going about 5/68. 

Just now, squire12 said:

ARI has also been in tight cap situations for the last few years.  you have more space this year it seems, though I may be wrong on that.

Oh you’re absolutely right. Although this year’s is kind of deceiving. I’ve really only got about 40 legitimate roster players with 25M to sign and zero QBs. 

Archived