Is Star Wars the most overrated film series?

Hunter2_1

23 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

ROTJ actually wrapped up the story in a satisfying way, something that ROTS didn't do at all. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but ROTJ is my favorite even including the ewoks....

Fun fact...There are actually 12ish star wars movies, The Clone wars animated one (Theatrical release so technically a movie) and the god awful made for TV ewok movies that are both worse than the holiday special..

RotJ had terrible plot points, terrible pacing, ruined Han Solo and the best part of the entire movie, throne room scene, is completely pointless. Saying RotS doesnt wrap things up is dumb because it isnt supposed to end anything, its the 3rd of, at the time, 6 movies

2 hours ago, Motion said:

RotJ had terrible plot points, terrible pacing, ruined Han Solo and the best part of the entire movie, throne room scene, is completely pointless. Saying RotS doesnt wrap things up is dumb because it isnt supposed to end anything, its the 3rd of, at the time, 6 movies

.....It's supposed to wrap things up for the film that follows it and wrap the entire trilogy that told the story of Anakin Skywalker, it didn't even give us a glimpse of him as Vader  ( I don't count him as "Vader" until in the suit) outside of two bad scenes with him doing nothing but screaming "nooo" and staring at the death star. It's supposed to answer the question of "Who was Anakin skywalker before he fell and how did he fall" we got unsatisfactory answers to all of those questions. 

How was the throne room scene pointless...? It had some of the best moments in the entire OT...Han Solo wasn't ruined in ROTJ at all, that's what the solo film is probably going to do. even though you can't ruin a character only do a terrible interpretation of them and that in no way affects the rest of Han's story.

On 1/28/2018 at 3:40 PM, DingoLadd said:

.....It's supposed to wrap things up for the film that follows it and wrap the entire trilogy that told the story of Anakin Skywalker, it didn't even give us a glimpse of him as Vader  ( I don't count him as "Vader" until in the suit) outside of two bad scenes with him doing nothing but screaming "nooo" and staring at the death star. It's supposed to answer the question of "Who was Anakin skywalker before he fell and how did he fall" we got unsatisfactory answers to all of those questions. 

How was the throne room scene pointless...? It had some of the best moments in the entire OT...Han Solo wasn't ruined in ROTJ at all, that's what the solo film is probably going to do. even though you can't ruin a character only do a terrible interpretation of them and that in no way affects the rest of Han's story.

Did you really ask how the throne room was pointless? How about you try to think of what purpose it served. Han Solo was ruined in RotJ, turned him soft

You saying that RotS requires us to see Vader in action wearing the suit is just what you want, not something that had to be there to wrap up a trilogy and just because you didnt like the answers to the questions you yourself posed doesnt mean it didnt "wrap up". It was a story about the fall of the Republic and Anakin falling to the dark side, both things happen so end of story

5 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

You want overrated then how about the dark knight trilogy.

The Dark Knight Trilogy isnt even close to as big as the Star Wars franchise, and all 3 of the movies are better than any Star Wars movie thats been released since the original trilogy.    

So its not even remotely close.   

6 hours ago, Motion said:

Did you really ask how the throne room was pointless? How about you try to think of what purpose it served. Han Solo was ruined in RotJ, turned him soft

You saying that RotS requires us to see Vader in action wearing the suit is just what you want, not something that had to be there to wrap up a trilogy and just because you didnt like the answers to the questions you yourself posed doesnt mean it didnt "wrap up". It was a story about the fall of the Republic and Anakin falling to the dark side, both things happen so end of story

The struggles of Luke turning to the dark-side, the final confrontation with Vader and palpatine, the final showdown between the Sith and Jedi until the inevitable sequel that does that.  More or less the final conclusion of the films narrative arc for Luke as a Jedi.

Han solo turned soft...How because he grew as a character? Harrison ford almost quit so I blame that more on him than the actual movie. 

It told it's story but it left threads dangling what happened to Jar Jar? being the one we never got an answer to that we clearly needed. 

I would forgive the prequels entirely if Vader threw Jar Jar into the lava on mustafar but nope. 

Jar Jar was ruined by fan backlash.  George Lucas was OBVIOUSLY going to make Jar Jar the major twist for the prequel trilogy.  Jar Jar was going to be Palpatine's master.  Look at the evidence found in The Phantom Menace.  It's all there. 

10 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

The struggles of Luke turning to the dark-side, the final confrontation with Vader and palpatine, the final showdown between the Sith and Jedi. More or less the final conclusion of the films narrative arc for Luke as a Jedi.

I didnt ask what happened I asked how it mattered, It didnt.

Grow =/= soft, not sure where you got that idea from

9 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Jar Jar was ruined by fan backlash.  George Lucas was OBVIOUSLY going to make Jar Jar the major twist for the prequel trilogy.  Jar Jar was going to be Palpatine's master.  Look at the evidence found in The Phantom Menace.  It's all there. 

When I looked into this I was shocked at how reasonable of a theory this is.

On 1/30/2018 at 6:30 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

I think Jar Jar would've been his apprentice more than anything, but that was what Lucas was going to do most likely.

Archived