Eagles vs Patriots SBLII GDT

Nabbs4u

7 minutes ago, lancerman said:

The fumble wasn’t really on Brady. The lineman got pushed back and he took a good shot at Brady’s hand before the pass and ball bounced right into an Eagles arms. 

My point is we can play this all night. They both played incredible games. It’s dumb to act like one outclassed the other. No matter who won it would have squarely been on the defense for not getting enough stops 

That's fine.

I was just responding to your point that Foles threw an INT while Brady did not.  

I don't care who played the better game.  They both played very well, and there are too many other variables to truly grade one against the other.

I hate the Pats (I'm a Steelers fan), but, I respect the heck out of them, and I think TB is an incredible competitor.  

The only thing I care about is that the Pats lost.  I'm ecstatic.  And I make no apologies for being happy.

Just now, lancerman said:

The fumble wasn’t really on Brady. The lineman got pushed back and he took a good shot at Brady’s hand before the pass and ball bounced right into an Eagles arms. 

My point is we can play this all night. They both played incredible games. It’s dumb to act like one outclassed the other. No matter who won it would have squarely been on the defense for not getting enough stops 

Everything considered Foles had the better game but it doesn't mean much it is just one game. The pick wasn't on him at all, just a fluke thing that was completely on the WR. The Brady fumble was like just about any other QB fumble, they wouldn't have fumbled if everyone else did their job but its still a fumble and he was the one that fumbled it. It was the biggest play of the game and the difference between his and Foles performance imo. Great games by both (Brady has had much better games with accuracy overall) and it was the only mistake Brady made that cost his team but it happened. Surely he has nothing to hang his head about though. Pretty much every offensive player for each team can hold their head up high. The defense however...

36 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Brady 0INT

Foles 1INT

41 points sealed the game essentially. No guarantee they score TD and the two point conversion. And the fumble wasn’t really on Brady. It was just a great defensive play 

Right, but in a game where they going ***-for-tat, turning the ball over there  was the death knell in a crucial moment.  Gave up 3 pts and didn't really have much time left to come back.  And obviously, the INT was a fluke and wouldn't be considered on Nick so he essentially played a perfect game, made all the moves when it mattered, made probably more contested and nicer dimes...Not saying Brady didn't play really well either, but Nick Foles played just a tad bit better in a game where it was an offensive shootout and I think the highest-scoring SB of all time (Could be wrong).

2 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

Right, but in a game where they going ***-for-tat, turning the ball over there  was the death knell in a crucial moment.  Gave up 3 pts and didn't really have much time left to come back.  And obviously, the INT was a fluke and wouldn't be considered on Nick so he essentially played a perfect game, made all the moves when it mattered, made probably more contested and nicer dimes...Not saying Brady didn't play really well either, but Nick Foles played just a tad bit better in a game where it was an offensive shootout and I think the highest-scoring SB of all time (Could be wrong).

I agree I’m just saying the difference was as you said “a tad”. Neither QB has anything to feel bad about. If anything Brady’s defense should be committing seppuku in front of him right now. And Foles defense should be offering to spot him for every meal in the off season for bailing them out. 

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

I have no idea but my guess would be that it was by far the least amount of punts over in a SB.

the lack of punting doesn't undermine the value of special teams though. 

there were lots of missed kciks that could of changed the game. 

Also the failed reverse on the kickoff to the pats really helped the eagles.

I think if the pats had held onto to Chandler Jones a long time ago it could of been a different story, there pas rush was poor. 

the eagles pass rush was better than their stats showed a lesser QB would of been sacked more. 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

The Foles interception was in no way his fault. That could have just as easily been a great throw and catch but it squirted out of Alshon's arm.

it wa also effectively a good punt, they stopped were defending from the 10.

If a QB threw one deep INT per game it wouldn't be awful.

Archived