Eagles vs Patriots SBLII GDT

Nabbs4u

I feel like this is going to be another classic, because whatever you think of them the Patriots always play very close Super Bowls.
This Eagles team, on paper, is built similarly to the Jaguars: very strong on defense, though probably better in the trenches and weaker in the secondary, with a strong running game and a QB who's a total wild card. The combination of Cox, Jernigan and Graham could pose a lot of problems for the Pats OL, but on the other hand they handled Campbell/Ngakoue/Fowler pretty well. Definitely worried about the Eagles using bootleg action and getting the ball to Smallwood or Clement in the flat, the same way the Jags did with Corey Grant. But I'm also optimistic that the Pats will be able to limit big plays like the kind that killed the Vikings. I think Trey Burton could be a big factor if the Eagles are to win this game, too.

I think the Pats pull out a close one 27-23

1 minute ago, Asciimo said:

Can both teams agree to wear their throwback attire? Both are so good.

I'm sure the Eagles would gladly wear the Kelly Green if allowed. Helmet/Logo rule makes that impossible.

Besides NE wants the 3-0 Whites. ?

5 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:
52 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Evidently this will be the 1st time in the TB/BB 8SB Runs that they have ever faced a Top 5 Scoring Offense and Defense as an opponent.

Should be fun!

So the offense didn't lose a step without Wentz?

Went from #1 almost 32pts to #3 28pts. Just over a FG basically! Nice to have a competent QB filling in and Running the show. 

Ok I'm just going to say it. The Patriots logo's face is facing to the right. The Eagles logo's face is facing to the left. Is it really that hard for the braintrusts in the NFL to switch which side each logo is on so they are facing each other. Does the marketing department in this league have any sense of artistic sensibilities. Like wtf. 

For Philly fans, this is like when that dude gave Rocky the wrong trunks in the banner at the Spectrum

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

Ok I'm just going to say it. The Patriots logo's face is facing to the right. The Eagles logo's face is facing to the left. Is it really that hard for the braintrusts in the NFL to switch which side each logo is on so they are facing each other. Does the marketing department in this league have any sense of artistic sensibilities. Like wtf. 

For Philly fans, this is like when that dude gave Rocky the wrong trunks in the banner at the Spectrum

EaglesLogoE.png

Archived