Eric Wood suffers career ending injury.

WizardHawk

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Praying for him. Anybody know what centers are on the market this year? I'm gonna be honest, we probably should have been looking to upgrade from him this off-season anyway.

Agree with this. We will miss him more as a leader than as a player at this point. 

Heck of a guy. Great leader, good player... It sucks but I'm glad his health is being put first.

And I know it sucks that we have had to find out the way but I'm sorta glad we will be able to see what Ryan Groy can do. I assume he will be the new starting Center next year. He was awesome when Wood was out the entire season. And he fits what Daboll wants to do.

Feel for the guy. Great leader for our team and hope nothing for the best for him in the future. I agree with @Thelonebillsfan though a bit here. He was pretty average as far as production and I wouldn't have been surprised to see us take a look at someone else for the position. I believe that Tim Graham (Buffalo News) was saying Wood was considering retirement even before he had found out about the injury.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Terrible news. Fortunately they found it and he didn't suffer an injury to it during the season. That could have been 10x worst.

This staff found Groy so valuable they wouldn't even try him out at Guard, hopefully he gets a shot at Centre this year.

Zone blocking scheme. Killed both him and Miller... Gonna be glad to have our power run scheme back.

8 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Agree with this. We will miss him more as a leader than as a player at this point. 

Absolutely. It's terrible from a veteran standpoint and as a person but from a football standpoint I think Groy can easily fill in and we wouldn't miss a beat. I wish all the best to Eric moving forward and definitely glad they found it before it could become more serious. I saw online some people were trying to donate money to his charity like with Dalton and that would be a pretty cool way to repay his loyalty to the Bills. 

Archived