TCMD 2018 GB Packer WAR ROOM (pick 232= Riley Ferguson, QB Memphis)

squire12

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

The APY is what the contract average per year needs to exceed.  

Breeland APY = $4.9M

So any contract for Breeland has to average $4.9M per year.   The initial cap number can be more or less, but the average needs to be that minimum.   The APY drops by 10% after each round of UFA bidding.  There can will be about 10-12 rounds.   At the end, there will be just depth and vet minimum type players.  

Gotcha, what are the numbers for ASJ and Peppers?

Melvin seems a little high, I like him a little better but that's a high number. Although that might mean we'd have no competition for him if we just met the min. Is there a length minimum too? 30.6/3 or 20.4/2  wouldn't be an awful deal at all for Melvin. Athletically he's far superior to Breeland. Breeland needs to get his hands on you to be effective, like a modern day Al Harris.

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Melvin seems a little high, I like him a little better but that's a high number. Although that might mean we'd have no competition for him if we just met the min. Is there a length minimum too? 30.6/3 or 20.4/2  wouldn't be an awful deal at all for Melvin. Athletically he's far superior to Breeland. Breeland needs to get his hands on you to be effective, like a modern day Al Harris.

You can make the length as you desire 1-5 years generally.   But offering the players preferred length does benefit your offer when the contract is compared to the other offers.  Deviating from the players expected length causes a small % deduction in the formula used for awarding.  

Thoughts on Claiborne or Colvin

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You can make the length as you desire 1-5 years generally.   But offering the players preferred length does benefit your offer when the contract is compared to the other offers.  Deviating from the players expected length causes a small % deduction in the formula used for awarding.  

Thoughts on Claiborne or Colvin

I like Claiborne too. Colvin is a slot who doesn't take the ball away. Prefer the other 3 over him.

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

ASJ at TE, Shariff FLoyd DT, DJ Hayden CB, demario davis ILB, flyer on gavin escobar kick the tires

Just now, triplejcubed3 said:

ASJ at TE, Shariff FLoyd DT, DJ Hayden CB, demario davis ILB, flyer on gavin escobar kick the tires

Floyd is retired.

The only thing Hayden has going for him is former draft position.

I like ASJ and I like Davis but we have bigger fish to fry with our cap money than ILB.

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Peppers looking for 1 year, little under 3 Mil.

I know for sure someone is putting in an offer on him this round. Janis too.

Archived