TCMD 2018 GB Packer WAR ROOM (pick 232= Riley Ferguson, QB Memphis)

squire12

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

PHI is offering their 6th to GB for Quinten Rollins.

Thoughts on this?

Quentin is still better than Pipkins or Hawkins. If the last two seasons have told us anything, we need to keep our cheap CBs. Who knows, maybe his instincts will play well in Pettine's defense?

16 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:
6 hours ago, squire12 said:

Oakland trades

0242 Bruce Irvin   (2018 cap $8.25M.   2019 cap $9.25M)

Packers trade

Round: 6TH Pick: 12 Overall: 189 | GB | Deadline: Thu, 03/16/17 10:00 PM

@Packerraymond  @CWood21  @EirePacker

hell yeah, good move man

Thanks!!

Makes the cap space a little tight right now with other UFA rounds to go.   Have some options to restructure Daniels to open up $2.9M.  Still looking to move Cobb and/or Bulaga.  

4 hours ago, EirePacker said:

Great move for irvin @squire12. Interested on your plans for Burnett and strong safety? I'd still be in favour of keeping bulaga just to have as much experience in front of Rodgers as possible but Cobb is definitely expendable now if the space is needed

Right now Id imagine Josh Jones is the starting S. With Brice the top backup.

We've added a young talented WR and a pass rusher leagues better than Brooks as the 3rd rusher, hopefully we get a CB and get Evans back, we'll enter the draft with no real pressing needs.

Safety presents some interesting options in James in Rd 1 and Jessie Bates in Rd 2 that will I'm sure be part of the discussion, but I still like Josh Jones a ton.

4 hours ago, EirePacker said:

Great move for irvin @squire12. Interested on your plans for Burnett and strong safety? I'd still be in favour of keeping bulaga just to have as much experience in front of Rodgers as possible but Cobb is definitely expendable now if the space is needed

@EirePacker

Burnett was signed by TEN

4 year $38.7M with $8.25M SB....that was certainly more than I was willing to pay.

As @Packerraymond noted, it is Clinton-Dix and Josh Jones as the starters now with Evans/Brice as backups.  Certainly could add a vet in the later rounds of UFA as the APY comes down.  

With the additions thus far at WR and EDGE, those become less pressing "needs" and allows some flexibility in the draft to go BPA or move around and target players that are of value vs need.

Archived